Sign in to follow this  
Guest DarkKnight

Changing type

Guest DarkKnight

Hello thereHow do i Change plane types ingame to differentExample I want to change my 747-400 to a type called boeing32 insteed of boeing ORChange the whole type to big planes insyeed of boeingSo when i go in to the game the 747, 737, 777 are under big planes not boeingPlease help

Guest robystar

Hi,What would you want to do that for?In real life airlines and aircraft types have their own specific callsigns.Edit voicepack is one of those programs that can update callsigns. But you can also add your own text if you want to.Using that program and editing all aircraft.cfg's you could indeed change plane types. Pardon me for saying but you could you be a little bit more specific as to the reason for doing it as I don't see any sense in it.Roby

I think what DarkKnight means is changing the a/c names in the plane selection menu ?If so, then all you need to do is change each a/c's entry in the aircraft.cfg;eg the default Boeing 747 aircraft.cfg you have ui_manufacturer=Boeing - change that to ui_manufacturer=Big PlaneYou would probably also have to go thru and edit each of the title= as well, since these have to be unique, and would be the only way to identify each aircraft model/mfr/paint.But, I agree with Roby - why would you want to do that? I would have thought a very timeconsuming excercise with no perceived benefit. But each to their own, I guess.Hope that helps,Leo Godalming UKhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMSI P6N PlatinumXFX GeForce 512MB 8800 GTSQuad Core E6600 @2.4GHz3GB Corsair PC2-6400WD 250GB for Flight SimHitachi Deskstar 500GB - Dedicated FSXP, Regular XP and Vista

Louise

London, UK

To speed up the process, if you choose to do it, you can open the aircraft.cfg file with Notepad and hit ctrl+H which will open the find and replace dialog box. You can then replace all ui_manufacturer=Boeing with ui_manufacturer=Big Plane.To change all 3 default Boeings should take about 2 minutes.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

>To change all 3 default Boeings should take about 2 minutes.Guess I was assuming he would have as many addons as I seem to have :)Leo Godalming UKhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMSI P6N PlatinumXFX GeForce 512MB 8800 GTSQuad Core E6600 @2.4GHz3GB Corsair PC2-6400WD 250GB for Flight SimHitachi Deskstar 500GB - Dedicated FSXP, Regular XP and Vista

Louise

London, UK

Guest DarkKnight

Thanks alot guys im not going to change the 747 i downloaded new boeings but there not under boeing so im going to change themThnks again