Sign in to follow this  
simman

removing labels

I want to remove those red labels that say----door opening/closing,, parking brake on/off etc. I have searched the config file but can't find them. Anyone know how? Don

This file by Julie Rhodes here in the library may do what you want.messagekill.zip

Guest fullstoplanding

Don, Try this.On your start-up page: Settings > General > unclick, "Show Cockpit Tool Tips."--Roger

Guest robystar

Hi,But that won't get rid of the 'brake','parking brakes on', 'cockpit view','zoom 30%', etc. messages!Roby

No that won't get rid of those labels. Seems like they would have to show in config but I can't find them. I will try that program. Thanks Don

>I want to remove those red labels that say----door>opening/closing,, parking brake on/off etc. I have searched>the config file but can't find them. Anyone know how? >>DonTry this Don. Go into the FS9 config and look for this entry[MAIN]Location=316,222,964,756Maximized=1HideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1HideInfoText=1---- Add this line

Did you try Julie's file as recommended earlier?

Chuck,Thanks for that tip, D/L'd ResHack and have been playing around with mods to my language.dll. Was successful in making several mods including changing the text on the startup slider bar from "loading scenery etc." to a neat little message to my son.One mod I wanted to make was to eliminate the text in the upper right corner that flashes what view you have..cockpit, virt cockpit etc.When I followed the instructions and recompiled language.dll the sim would not start, would load a flight and get to 0% and then the "Microsoft has encountered a problem" screen.any ideas?thanks again for the tip.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Joe:First thing I would do would be to copy my "broken" FS9.cfg file out to the desktop as a backup, delete the orignal completely from it's running location or, better yet, rename it fs9.cfg.original, and then start FS9 up and let it rebuild a new one. If that works, I would then I would redo all my customizations and hacks, right up until the last one that kept the sim from starting. (And then, repeat after me: I will never do another hack without backing up my original file. . . I will never do another hack without backing up my original file . . . ) :-hang That's about the best I can do right now, sorry. Hex editors are a bear! Let us know what happens.

Hi Chuck,Thanks for replying.The issue is with language.dll, not fs9.cfg and I have been burned before so I don't do any mods to files without backing up first.If I remove the message in the upper right hand corner (cockpit, virtual cockpit, tower, spot) then fs will not start.I have changed them to C,VC,T,S and fs runs fine. However I would like to remove them completely.Any ideas anyone?[edit]I figured it out by looking at Julie's file with ResHack, all is well.Thanks to all who help.[edit]

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif