Sign in to follow this  
555_HH

Overland VC+Wingview revealed!

Hi Folks,pls find below a very simple solution to get wingviews with most (except B767 and Md11) VC Overland models!as we all know, we can either choose between the Overland VC model (pls no discussion about the VC quality and/or functionality..i know, there are much more better VC models out there...:-) ) or the Overland wingview model..there is/was up to now no option to use the VC model AND the wingview together (which i prefer). So, i was looking for something to merge VC and wingview, but no chance so far unless hexing the mdl-file (which i doubt makes sense). Adding wingviews bmp's into the panel.cfg is nice and feasable, but they are static and do not reflect the actual view (i.e. with flaps and spoilers, colors, etc) and therefore not really a solution which i'm happy for.Before we start, there are of course some drawbacks (as the ideal solution would be to have the VC and the wingview merged in one model, but we need to live und use what we have) but those are very minor (see further below) imho. So, to make the story short, here we go: In order to get wingviews (left and right!) when using any VC model, you simple change the spotplane view in FS2004 menu to following values (see picture fs9 options) - you can fiddel around with those values to see differences (i.e. zoom, altitude). but with most models those values works pretty well. After that, just use your cooliehat on your joystick and rotate the view as neccessary (up, down, left, right) and voila, nice and actual wingviews! (see picture A319 easyjet wingview). During flight, just press "S" until you get to the wingview!Drawbacks: - depending on the viewposition, parts of the model come into the view (simple adjust with your cooliehat)- you can not modify or change the wingview position (further back or forward as with active camera)unless changing the wing_pos_apex_lon value in the aircraft.cfg, which then will change the flightdynamics, so be careful!- during turns, the view get out of place, so you need to adjust the view again during any turn or when leveled out with your joystick cooliehat- it does not work well with B767 and Md11 so far (the current viewposition seems to be to deep) but i will try to resolve this (maybe Bryan Betts can help here when he is adjusting his FDE's for the remaining Boeing models) - no complewte outside view of the plane anymore (well, we got now those wingviews instead! :-) ) if you like to view the plane, simple revert the spotplane values.That's it - hope you enjoy those wingviews with the overland now as i do!and Bryan, thanks for your updates!PS: the quality of the easyjet picture is not that good, as the plane textures are in DXT1 format (to increase fps)cheers,harald

Thx for the tip harald. ;)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest Outer Marker

Nice tip! You can be sure I'll keep the updates coming!-- Bryan

Guest ThrottleUp

Cool! Thanks for taking the time to share this with us :)

"That's it - hope you enjoy those wingviews with the overland now as i do!"You can use the freeware tool found here for setting up wing views using spot view:www.fs-recorder.netThe advantage is the view can be set up to stay in synch with aircraft movement, so i.e. if the aircraft banks left, so does the view. The other thing recorder gives is the ability to save off your views, so you can call up any view you want for your loaded aircraft.The last advantage is you can toggle between recorder's "spot/wing view" and the normal FS9 spot view, so you can have the best of both worlds.I've posted a few times on this, but thought this thread an opportunity to mention it again.Regards,John

Guest ThrottleUp

You can use the freeware tool found here for setting up wing views using spot view John - does this mean that even when you see a "passenger" wingview you will hear *external* engine sounds? Still I can see how it would be handy for a plane without views modelled!Its still defeated me, I think Im thick or something cuz everyone else has figured it out :(

"John - does this mean that even when you see a "passenger" wingview you will hear *external* engine sounds?"Yes, that's one drawback. The only way to get around it would be to edit the sound.cfg so the internal sounds are also played back in spot view. Or, you could create two aircraft profiles that point to different sound configurations, depending on whether your main intent is to enjoy wing views or spot views.Regards,John

Hi John!thanks for this great tip! fsrecorder indeed solves all the wingview problems! installed and checked yesterday and works smooth as silk with all models!many thanks for bringing this great freeware tool on topic!cheers,harald

Could you tell me exactly how you got it to do this? I could never figure out how to make FSRecorder show wing views, and at the time I spent a lot of time trying -- I use 3 flat panels and I think it got confused. Something about putting in Longitudes and Latitudes??Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Hi,i've no idea how to handle 3 flat panels but this how i did (with only 1 flat screen :-) )You install fsrecorder as per instruction, then start fs9, load an overland a320 and go to recorder (now available in the menubar). select advanced spot views and create a new spotview. under title enter anything you like (ie.wingview), distance 0, direction 0, altitude 0, zoom 0.8 (or what you prefer) and checkmark manual paning, turn with aircraft and pitch and and bank with aircraft. press ok and thats it! you can toogle now with V resp shift-V between normal spot view and wingview (which you have created now). save this spotview under a320 or so and reload whenever neccessary. for other overland models you have to fiddel around with altitude and/or distance to get the right view. you can create more views within one setup if you like (i.e. wingview more forward or backward)hope this helps and let me know if it works!cheersharald

NOW I get it! Thank you, Harald.

wow, you win best new member search function award!!!!   :Star: :drinks:  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

thanks psolk, I always try search función in any foum before make cuestión in a treat, some time making a good search you can find solutions to other dobuts.

and if i find a good fix, like this, always try to thank it

cheers