Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest fullstoplanding

Downloading an Aircraft from AVSIM Library to FS9 and...

I need instructions for downloading an aircraft from the AVSIM Library to FS9 and/or FSX.My new PC has the Vista OS with both FS9 and FSX installed. I get the aircraft file "unzipped' into my Download file, but from there on I'm stuck. "Step-by-step", what do I do next? :-hmmm --Roger

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I would say: follow the instructions that are probably to be found in the downloaded file. Either the download comes with an installer in which case you unzip to a temporary folder and run the installer and that is it, or, if it does not come with an installer and in the case of e.g. FS9 you unzip to a temporary folder and then put all the files in your aircraft folder, making sure the folder tree goes like:FS2004 ---aircraft ---[name of your downloaded aircraft] ---model ---panel ---sound ---texture ---aircraft.cfg ---xxx,air (where xxx stands for the name of the airfile of the downloaded aircraft).If there are some effect files (xxx.fx) put them into your FS2004 effects folder;If there are gauges, put them in your FS2004 gauges folder.If there are more files in the download, they will most surely tell you what to do with them.Is that what you wanted to know? I assume you use FS2004 as you put your question in the fs2004 forum?Good luck,RobyPS If you use Vista, it is wise to first remove the security blocking of the ZIP file by right clicking on the file and then go to properties and click on 'remove blocking' or something (I have the Dutch Vista version so I don't know exactly what the exact English wording is).

Hi Roby,Thank you so much for your help.Roger

You might run into a zipped file which is installed a bit differently, mostly with an 'Aircraft' file that is sent directly to FS9. There should be a "Read me first" file, which will give you the instructions how to install the new file.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Sorry for this late reply. Thank you for the help.--Roger