Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

What do these dll files do?

In an effort to reduce OoM errors, I am trying to clear out my FS9/Modules folder, removing 3rd. party dll files I do not need. Most of them I am familiar with and know why and by what they were installed, but I have a short list of others about which I am not altogether certain.I have spent quite some time Googling these and searching posts on this forum, but most of these, although they refer to these files, don't actually specify what they do or which programme installed them. By this stage I am getting a bit of a headache and thought that some kind people here, if they have the information at their fingertips might feel able to help (and say exactly what I would lose by removing them)!Many thanks in advance. The files are:AeroCore.dllAPUnit.dllcfo_tfxinfo.dlldsd_xml_tcas.dllFDSConnection.dllFSConnect.dllfsvmodjfm.dllTrafficRadarXML.dllMartin :-)

AeroCore is a licensing file for your AeroSoft airports, cfo_txinfo is used by some Flight1 product(s) (Piper Meridian?), TrafficRadarXML is probably used by a panel gauge that you got somewhere, and I have no idea about the others.DJ

Martin,I can help with a couple.AeroCore.dll - This comes with Aerosoft products, adds the Aerosoft tab to the Menu Bar.FSConnect.dll - This is the aircraft position interface between FS and Exclude Builder, might be used by other programs.Hope this helps

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Yes, so far very helpful. I use Exclude Builder quite often and had never realised that the FSConnect.dll file was related to it (though it's logical, now I think of it).Many thanks,Martin

There are other utils that use FSConnect.dll. I guess it was developed as an alternative to fsuipc.dll because some folks weren't comfortable with that.scott s..

TrafficRadarXML is I think a part of CLS installation. Which one I don't know, don't own the product.

Guest nihongo

Hey Martin,I did a fresh install of FS9 in a new directory and the difference I can see is huge!It takes only seconds to load up now, where as before it was clogged up.The best way to remove OOMs I think is do a fresh install (new directory) and then add only the payware stuff you have, albeit don't add a lot. The more you add I think it really bites into memory.I hope Microsoft can release a patch, but I think they would prefer us to buy FSX!

I only load up the scenery and a/c that I am flying - it makes some difference, but I can still get OoMs.Not sure that cleaning out the dll files is going to do much - looks as if I use most of them on a regular basis!

Guest nihongo

The guy who finds the solution to these OOMs will be very rich.....

Unless he gives away the information for free on these forums of course! Always a possibility, given the nice nature of AVSIM posters.For instance, I have just run a flight which always caused OoM CTDs, but after having deleted and recreated my page file. I also removed all my AI aircraft from the AI folder. Now the same flight doesn't crash - I get to the gate.Hmm. I should have started with just one variable, but I intend to persist until I find the solution.When I do, I'll have to decide whether to let the world know here, or make it available on my website for $25 a throw...M. :-)