Sign in to follow this  
Guest macman4

Short field take off

Guest macman4

Looking for a nice short field take off and landing aircraft. Payware or freeware. One for flying in and out of, lets say St Barthelemy Gustave (TFFJ):) Thanks looking forward to some suggestions. Bob

Guest fullstoplanding

The Aerosoft DHC-2 Beaver. TTFJ...a "piece of cake". --Roger

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0408/Story/IslandHopping.htmhas some interesting flight descriptions in the area you have mentioned. The author talks about a 1300 foot strip at SABA and an over-obstacle landing at TFFJ using a DHC-6-300 Twotter with its home base at TNCM.The Twotter described is FSX payware but you'll find freeware and payware Twotters for FS9 as well.Thisd article was just posted here on AVSIM.

Guest macman4

Thanks guys, keep'm coming, I'm going to try them all. Nice article, Ron, thanks again guys, Bob

Man, I'm really liking the Rockwell Aero Commander AC500 here on AVSIM. I have been flying low and cool in that and nothing else lately. It can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. And it has a good STOL to it. I use the sounds from file ba_gbr.zip for adding zing. I wish I had found it sooner. Compliments to the chef.dolph

There is the LET-410s also. They're a rugged twin turbo-prop much like a twin otter. It's a beefy, ugly looking Soviet-bloc design from, I believe, Czech.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

I could always send you my trike...it can take off in 150-200 feet, less if you have a headwind :)Regards,John

Don't you mean Milton Shupe?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Shalomar

I second... Milton Shupe's Dash 7.It's a blast to fly. I did a full stop and then a takeoff with no back taxiing at a grass stip 14N. And it has a runway info guage that gives you airport info and ILS freqs for most airports in the world.Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest JamesMc

The Pilatus Porter by FSD will take off or land anywhere. One of the best STOL aircraft I've found yet.

If you like Soviet planes, there's a really nice An-14 in the library here. It has an absolutely beautiful VC, and it claims to be able to land "across" a runway!

STOL? Digital Aviation's DO-27 (from F1).Great plane, feels and looks spectacular.PatAMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 2GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS