Sign in to follow this  
corny357

Please Help - Odd FS Problem

Guest dwitek

I've had this happen a few times after updating video drivers. When it happens, and I've changed nothing else, I try another driver set. Seems to work for me and it's an easy thing to do. Just make sure when you change drivers to make sure you get rid of all traces of the previous driver set. There are plenty of sites that describe how to do it. You will need a few freeware programs like CabCleaner, etc.

Hmm..it seems I have the latest drivers for my video card and the computer is new, so I didn't do anything. Should I find the set that's one older than my current one?

Brandon:It's your video drivers plain n simple.When I migrated to Vista it took a while for ATI (I had an old X1900XTX with 512MB of RAM) to catch up. I had the exact same issue until I update one of the subsequent drivers and like magic it went away. I have not seen this problem since.This was especially true with UT installed!But you really should post your full system specs.

No problem. My specs are also at the link I provided.Intel Core 2 Q94504GB Corsair RAM1GB EVGA GeForce 9800GX2Western Digital 150GB HDVista 64 bit