Sign in to follow this  
Jet Tech

L-1011 Strobe Light info??

Guest HeavyFan

hey guy's! Any one out there have been close to or worked with an airline that had L-1011's?? I am trying to find out if the L-1011 Had 2 sets of strobes on the Wing Tips like the DC-10 has? I remeber seeing the Delta L-1011's when they used to fly to my home AIrport of HNL Intl! but i only remeber a Strobe on the Back of the WIngtip?? So if anyone out there has any info on this, can they tell me if there is also a Strobe light in the Front of the wingtip with the Nav light's like the DC-10 Strobes are?? or if there is only 1 strobe on the back of the Wingtip on each side? I would apprecite the Info on this! Thank's MIKE -:)

Mike,It's been about 11 years since I last worked the L-10 but If I my memory doesn't fail me, I believe there was a strobe in the Aft Position Light of each wing tip and a Single Strobe in the Fwd Nav Light on each side. I know it did not have the double strobe like the DC-10 did. Made it easier to pick out on final approach. Just look for the Single strobe and the Double Beacons.This A/C did have a funky Nav light system as well, Only 1 light in each position was lit until you turned on the Rotating Beacons.Just for fun I pulled up a picture of the the last L-1011 I worked,Then http://www.airliners.net/open.file/169412/L/Now http://www.airliners.net/open.file/282016/L/:-(RegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest HeavyFan

Hey JEFF! thank's for the info on the Strobes!! Also it is very sad to see these Tri-jets being torn apart! I flew alot on the DC-10's and i miss them already!! not too many around now except from Cargo carriers, which keeps them alive! but i also Love the new 777's and 747's!! oh well thank's again for the info on the L-1011 strobes! MIKE -:)

No problem Mike,But I changed my name to Paul *:-*You don't even want to see the pictures of the DC-10-40's we used to haveBefore http://www.airliners.net/open.file/152489/L/After http://www.airliners.net/open.file/322867/L/RegardsPaul :-cool

Paul Gollnick

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest HeavyFan

oops! sorry Jeff, i mean Paul! LOL! i don't understand why they break up planes that were working perfectly fine, and just break them up for parts right after! Why don't they sell the whole plane to another airline instead of wasting perfectly good planes and scrapping them! those Pics makes me so sad!-:( what do they do with all the parts they strip off of these Dc-10's?

MikeMost of the doors (or areas surrounding the doors) are removed for door system trainers for flight crew that still operate dc-10's and some go to Schools for AMT students to learn on. Some of the avionics are sold as surplus spares and the rest is sold as scrap metal. We have actually donated several complete DC-9's to AMT schools so students can learn skills on a large commercial A/C instead of some old twin prop. Kind of sad but I have a felling the Propliner guys felt the same way when they went by the wayside many moons ago.RegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg