Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kevin_28

Dark Plane Textures

Guest Kevin_28

Hello forum. I have an issue with fs9. I did a quick search and I didn't find anything on this. So, I'm sorry if this was asked and answered earlier. I just recently got back into FS. I installed it on Vista Home premium. However, when I pick my plane, my screen flashes and my plane shows up darkened (this happens to all my planes). I heard this happening to others, so I hope there is a fix. Thanks in advance.

Guest jesse_skyunlimited

Do the textures show at all, or are you seeing a bare model without any textures? Have you tried reinstalling fs9, updating your system? Have you made any video card changes? It could be a video card driver as well.

Guest Kevin_28

The textures are showing. It's just dark. It looks like a plane at night. I have not tried reinstalling, I'll try that. My system is up to date. I'm using the latest drivers for the 8600GT.

Guest Kevin_28

I reinstalled. It still does it. Any suggestions?

Guest Kevin_28

Anyone? Sorry if I seem pushy, but I would really like to get rid of this.

How about attaching a couple of screenshots so we can actually see what you are describing.

Guest Kevin_28
2457721750_6dc161210f_o.jpglooks like this in the sim too.

I have the same thing. Except I think it is my graphic card since it is an integrated one. I don't know why that would happen to you with an 8600.

Guest Kevin_28

Interesting.How it should look like:2457774866_64300f2e41.jpgHow it turns out:2457774954_47d4313496.jpg2457774810_917a58eb8c.jpg

Guest Promagstyle

Kevin 28, I have exactly the same problem too and I have the same Vista Home Premium Operation system as well. Here are my screenies from my Virtual Airline that I fly with. EnjoyCan someone please tell me and Kevin 28 what is wrong with flight simulator and why its doing this too all of our planes.CYYZ - CYWGAC: A321Flight: AC255Departure: 0950Distance: 273nmStart Fuel: 47069 lbsEnd Fuel: 34593 lbsArrival: 1130; 2:40Passengers: 100Can you see my tail in the distance and I took two versions of this shot, because I want to see how can I keep my flight simulator display looking like shot number two. Everytime I press ALT+TAB or switch views within Flight Simulator it goes to this poor lighting on the planes. Note hardware is set to 1280X720X32nationaltour1jh1.jpgWhen I change the hardware for display to higher or lower, it becomes like this and I want to keep it this way. Does anyone know how to keep the planes looking like this?nationaltour2np1.jpgHeres another example of good lighting after switching views withing Flight Simulator or changing windows while pressing ALT+TAB. nationaltour3wv8.jpgBad lighting, here while lining up at Rwy 33R for takeoffnationaltour4gv1.jpgI did not resize this image; I hope the moderators do not mind, because I want to show you what I mean when the textures are fully lit up under the sun and after I press ALT+TAB its back to the dark dim textures. How do I make the textures in display to look like this, too look bright and shiney?nationaltour5dk1.jpg

you are not 3..you are 4 including me.Since 3 weeks now i have the same problem exactly.What is your viseo configuration?i am having nVidia 8800GTS with 2 22 inch monitors and Home Premium Vista.Your disaplay driver configuration?I am currently using Forceware 175.12 but i have tried many versions...:-(Elias

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Guest Promagstyle

Try to download the Microsoft Simulator 2004 Update and install to see if there is a difference.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...76-618c4ab52aafHere are my specs on my computer and I don't see anything wrong with my settings here.------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 5/2/2008, 15:48:23 Machine name: PROMAGSTYLE-PC Operating System: Windows Vista

Guest Kevin_28

I already have 9.1 installed

Guest Promagstyle

hmmmm.... interesting, every change that I make in my display settings in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: Century of Flight makes my planes look brighter, but after ALT+TAB everything goes back to the dim and dark textures.I even played around with the mip maps and linear and bilinear and trilinear settings, they all have the same effect, switches to bright planes and then back to the dark textures after ALT+TAB.Does this happen to you too Kevin? The ALT+TAB