Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

ATC directs AI's to ficticious runway

I have a STAR runway system set up at HECA and I'm finding that sometimes, ATC gives vectors to AI aircraft to one of the 'ghost' runways, in this case, 14L. I've checked and all the ghost runways are set at length 10ft, and are closed on both ends for both take off and landing. traffic should be vectored to to runway 16, I would think. Any idea the problem? thanks

Place the fake runways further away from the airport. First it was thought they had to be placed within a 108NM radius of the airport, but that's not the case. You should place them far away, where there's not much traffic. I place them all at about S60 W0.

Mike...

>Place the fake runways further away from the airport. First>it was thought they had to be placed within a 108NM radius of>the airport, but that's not the case. You should place them>far away, where there's not much traffic. I place them all at>about S60 W0.wow, I'm learning a lot today. thanks for this info.I'd better start looking at some of my other 'stars'. I have most all of them placed about 100 nm out with an outer marker beacon.

>Place the fake runways further away from the airport. First>it was thought they had to be placed within a 108NM radius of>the airport, but that's not the case. You should place them>far away, where there's not much traffic. I place them all at>about S60 W0.one more thing: Is there not any need then to place an 'outer marker' for the purpose of doing STAR runways? I was told way back you placed an 'outer marker beacon' 100nm out and that is the point where you put your ghost runways. Sounds like I don't need to place a marker beacon.

You indeed don't. I've never used them. I think a beacon was only used as some kind of measuring device or as an easy way to locate your fake runways.

Mike...