Sign in to follow this  
deaconblues

Eaglesoft Citation X (should I buy?)

I've asked the members of this forum, several times, for advice on FS addons, and I have apppreciated the many responses I've received. Now, I'd like to know what you all think about the Eaglesoft Citation X.I love corporate jets. I'm not ashamed to admit that, even with my small stable of payware aircraft, the default Lear 45 (FS 9.1) is still my favorite aircraft. I haven't YET, but I'm soon to add the ISG package to that plane.I'm interested in the Citation X. Is it worth it? Why or why not? I'd love to read details from people who actually own it.

Guest nihongo

I don't own it, but Eaglesoft's Citation X would be the one I would buy if I wanted a sim biz jet. I own PSS 777 and 757, and PMDG 737 products.As far as I can say, the Eaglesoft looks like it is pretty good.

The Eaglesoft Citation X, version 1 is a "good" aircraft but ver 1 does have quite a bit of cockpit functionality missing. Don't get me wrong, it is still pretty complex, BUT, the FMS is missing some functions as well as the some other things. Externally the aircraft is accurately beautiful and the interior is to die for. The Wilco Citation X is newer, has just about all of the functionality of its ERJ PIC aircraft (pretty accurate), however I think that the Eaglesoft CX looks much, much, better from an external perspective. The interior is spectacular and you will have no problem showing up for the weekend at Caanes in style. But then again, its Wilco.Eaglesoft Citation X v2 will have full funcationlity AND have the beautifully accurate shape that they are known for. If I were you I'd wait until Eaglesoft comes out with V2. PLUS I think that you get more for the money when you buy an Eaglesoft product because not only do you get a TOP CLASS aircraft, but you also get a team that stands behind their products 100% and doesn't shut down their support forum when the going get's tuff. Not to mention they are always around here on these forums. Always money well spent.If you just can't wait and you just gotta have it, then the decision is up to you. For me I am using the Wilco version right now only due to the accuracy fetish that I have, but as soon as Eaglesoft comes out with V2 I intend to delete the Wilco version and immediately purchase the Eaglesoft v2.Hope this helps just a little bit.

Yes Mike, it does help, and I appreciate your response. I've read many of your posts on these forums and I know that you know what you're talking about.I love the look of Eaglesoft's Citation, but cockpit functionality has become my passion, ever since I purchased the PMDG 737NG and Dreamfleet's Baron 58. If it's your opinion that the Citation X V2 will have those kinds of features, then I am willing to wait.Can anyone make a guess about a release date? I scanned the FAQ's at Eaglesoft... they don't give dates, and they don't want people to ask.

IMO There are reasons to buy the Eaglesoft CX now.1) Its a significant upgrade to your lear, and still a good product for FS9, and sells at a discount now.2) There's no release date for the 2.0 ver. You might not see it for 6 months, maybe more.3) Since you will be using this for FS9, you can buy this version for FS9, and when the new CX 2.0 version comes out, you can consider that for FSX. As I believe the new 2.0 version will have separate FS9 and FSX versions.4) Your already stated intention to buy the ISG package fills in some of the missing FMS pieces Mile T referred to.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

HiPlease let us know when you get it. I am also into bizjets.I fly a freeware CX that isn't bad at all. I have my own 2D cp designed from pictures for my widescreen monitor so I am pretty happy. But I would think of purchasing the Eaglesoft version if you say it's worth it. I also fly a freeware GIV because the FW GV doesn't have a good FM and I can't seem to get it right. I have it flyable but the GIV is much more realistic so I am sticking to that. I can't find a PW GV.

> I can't find a PW GV.You probably never will... Gulfstream has expressly forbidden any commercial releases of their aircraft.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

IMHO yes!It is my default aircraft in the Eaglesoft Hanger in FS9. It also flies fine in FSX (Again, both the FS9 version, and the FSX versions).My three favorite Exec. Jets are the Gulfstream V, Falcon 50, and the Eaglesoft Citation X. Unfortunately, both the GSV and the Falcon 50 panels do not work in FSX, although with a modified Lear and a freeware three engine panel they fly fine.To temper my opinion for anyone else in the for what it is worth dept. I am not into VC's. They simply are not my thing and I prefer 2D panels most of the time.Good luck:RTH

Thanks for the kind words Mike! Oh yes, as Ernie mentions, the ISG offering does fill the gap until we finish out CX2.0 :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hey Ron!Hurry up with that 2.0 will ya! I've got new Nice, France and Monaco scenery all installed and I want to make a grand entrance in my new Eaglesoft CX to show off my unlimited wealth to the other rich bluebloods there just in time for yacht season! You don't expect me to show up in a Wilco CX do you? You have no idea how they will talk about me at the clubhouse! :-lolBTW, the uniform for my personal flight attendant is "bikini only" (specifically: itty, bitty, teeny weeny, yellow, polkadot), so please model accordingly. :-lolBest regards,Mike T.

Ha ha, we understand but you'll have to edit the attire.bmp yourself.We are making good progress on CX2.0 and certainly hope the next 3 months will give us a little something for show and tell :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

WOW!!!You are right, we are chomping at the bit, but sure respect your efforts to get it right the first time. Thanks for the information. It will be great to finally get a quality Exec. Jet with full functioning systems.Respectfully:RTH

Oh... never promised to get it right... only human after all. ;)But I promise to try. Fair enough? :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>WOW!!!>>You are right, we are chomping at the bit, but sure respect>your efforts to get it right the first time. Thanks for the>information. It will be great to finally get a quality Exec.>Jet with full functioning systems.>>Respectfully:>RTHThanks for the kind words. We think you will be pleased:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png