Sign in to follow this  
Guest maccars

Crash to Desktop - Weather Download. Help!

Guest maccars

While creating any flight, when I download "Real Weather" from either button FS9 crashes to desktop at the end of the Jeppessen download. No warning - nothing. My last flight with real weather was uneventful, and this has never happened before. I've restarted both FS9 and my system. Where do I start?Thanks in advance for all suggestions.MacSystem:HP Media CenterP4 3.23HzXP Pro SP22gb DDR2 RamNvidia GeForce 7900GT250gb WD HD150gb WD Raptor HD

Guest fisherm

I just started experiencing the same issue. On the second of the two real weather progress bars, when it hits 47 percent, it pause for about 2 seconds then CTD. I rebooted and emptied out my temp internet files and history.It worked fine this morning. I wonder if the fszone sight where the weather comes from is having some issues.Thanks.

Guest maccars

Michael,I've been troubleshooting this for about two hours now, with no idea what the problem is. I can't help but think it's the file coming in that has some glitch.I've disabled all my add-ons - especially AS6.5, Ultimate Terrain, and Ground Environment. The only thing I haven't done is reinstall FS9 - which I'm reluctant to do if it's just a problem with the incoming file.Thanks for the response. I'll post any solutions I come up with.Mac

Guest maccars

Nope. No difference.Jim, just for the sake of my curiousity - what does "Render to Texture" do? And, how would this potentially be a solution?Thanks for your input.Michael - does this fix work for you?BTW, Jim - I just love AS6.5. It alone changed my perception of FS9!

Guest daveusmc1775

I just reinstalled FS9 with no weather addons as of yet. I'm doing my installs one at a time to check for conflicts.My real weather was working just fine for two days now and as of last night to be exact.Now, my weather won't download after the second progress bar either.So, what's with that? Just happened today as well.I tried it several times booting my PC in between..nothing changed.Something else is goin on here! Seems funny we all can't get it right. Has to be the website. Hope to solve this. Then I'll install my favorite-AS 6.5!Dave

Guest maccars

Dave, I agree. My system has been rock solid for almost a year with absolutely no glitches. I've taken care to document every change I make to FS9 and it's add-ons as well as the rest of the computer. I can't help but feel this is an outside problem. I'll bet we aren't the only folks affected by this.Thanks for your input.Mac

Guest daveusmc1775

Mac, it's the website.I just got the weather downloaded! Tried it several times, its fine now. Later brother.Dave

Guest maccars

Dave,Thanks! I just did, too.One of my failings in this world is that I have the patience of a gnat.I appreciate everyones' input. Thanks, guys!Mac

Rendner to texture needs to be checked if your using DX3 clouds. Otherwise you get the CTD when they try to load with out RTT enabled.Also, if you own and use Active Sky why on earth are you downloading weather from within FS?

Guest daveusmc1775

I don't have AS 6.5 installed yet, and I was getting CTD's. Although there was an issue with the site for a short. I didn't know RTT had to be set for the DX3 clouds either. Never had an issue, or this had been checked already. I'll remember to check it when I reinstall AS 6.5 today.Don't know why some folks use Real Weather when they have AS installed either. Makes no sense? BTW-nice vid's!Thank's for your reply.

Guest maccars

>. . . >Also, if you own and use Active Sky why on earth are you>downloading weather from within FS?RW is less complicated to use when I want to do quick pattern practice. Sorta like jumping in the seat and just flying.Mac