Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

757 Captain Sim Block F

HI AllDoes any one know why CaptainSim forum is closed for replies and new topic in 757 Block F 2.0 issues ???Best RegardsDom (seahawks)

There's a message indicating the reason and timeframe for the 'read only' status.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>There's a message indicating the reason and timeframe for the>'read only' status.>>regards,>MarkHehe yeah.I get a kick out of every time their only customer support and pr "officer" is out of the office.They've got a queue of angry customers lined up in their account support issues forum that didn't get helped BEFORE their ONE support rep left and locked the door behind him (I think it's actually a her).Now all those people who bought CS products and can't install/activate them are totally out of luck until CS decides to get back to work. Never mind they should have other staff that could handle the problems while she's out...much better to just close up support and IGNORE all your customers for 10 days...good move CS.Oh...and you will NOT find that NOTAM on ANY of the purchase pages...why would you want to tell your potential customers they won't get any service 10 days after the sale? Heck, they may decide to wait until customer service gets back before they buy, and CS would NEVER want to disclose something that would let buyers make an informed decision, would they? :-lol Better to get that money now, and appologize for the "inconvience".It's sad to read their forums and hear comments like this:"But I do know that I'm starting to regret ignoring all the warnings about CapSim's customer service... " Hehe....I was lucky I got to read it before it vanished, like comments of that nature usually do in thier forums. :-rollIts a shame that they have the ability to make some nice products, but without the service to back them up, they are never going to be a company I'll do business with again, and I will continue to inform my fellow flightsimmers what they are getting themselves into with CS until the situation changes. Sadly, looks like I'll be pointing it out as long as people keep them in business because it appears they have no intention of changing.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi,Tell me its not so, another simmer taken in by Captain Empty Promises. I wish people would do a little research before purchasing from this company, when its all said-and-done you will save yourself some money and a ton of grief. My last purchase was the Boeing 707, I'm still waiting for a promised fix for this aircraft (How Long Am I Waiting For This Fix Now ?). Good thing I am not holding my breath.Captain Sim is a company I will "NEVER" do business with again!

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hey I was feeling generous and just decided to be nice for once and simply point out the fact as I saw it :-lol Not feeling it today - CS will never see a single red cent of my cash, and I'm proud of it!regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hey Mike,Do you think you might want to lift your (justifiably) outraged boot off old PSS' neck in your sig now? I dunno, little respect for the dead maybe? :-lol regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest BlueRidgeDx

>It's sad to read their forums and hear comments like this:>"But I do know that I'm starting to regret ignoring all the>warnings about CapSim's customer service... " Hehe....I was>lucky I got to read it before it vanished, like comments of>that nature usually do in thier forums. :-rollYeah...that was my post. When I read your comment I thought you meant they had deleted my constructive feedback. I rushed over there to check it out because was about to be supremely upset if they had time to delete my thread, but no time to fix my issue.Seems its still there...at least for the time being.I've been around for a while, and I've heard to complaints about CS. I've also heard similar statements regarding just about every other developer, though. I attributed it to the vocal minority, and decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.That was a mistake...Like I said in the other thread on the CS forum, I'm not upset that they went on vacation, thats fine. But how in the world can you justify continuing to sell products when there is no one to support the purchases?Thats just crummy.It sure would have been nice if the Online Store displayed the same "For Viewing Only" disclaimer that they have pasted at the top of the support forum. Regards,Nick

>>It's sad to read their forums and hear comments like this:>>"But I do know that I'm starting to regret ignoring all the>>warnings about CapSim's customer service... " Hehe....I was>>lucky I got to read it before it vanished, like comments of>>that nature usually do in thier forums. :-roll>>>Yeah...that was my post. When I read your comment I thought>you meant they had deleted my constructive feedback. I rushed>over there to check it out because was about to be supremely>upset if they had time to delete my thread, but no time to fix>my issue.>>Seems its still there...at least for the time being.>>I've been around for a while, and I've heard to complaints>about CS. I've also heard similar statements regarding just>about every other developer, though. I attributed it to the>vocal minority, and decided to give them the benefit of the>doubt.>>That was a mistake...>>Like I said in the other thread on the CS forum, I'm not upset>that they went on vacation, thats fine. But how in the world>can you justify continuing to sell products when there is no>one to support the purchases?>>Thats just crummy.>>It sure would have been nice if the Online Store displayed the>same "For Viewing Only" disclaimer that they have pasted at>the top of the support forum. >>Regards,>>NickHey Nick,Sorry to hear that it was you having the issue. I too have no problem whatsoever for them to take a break and/or go on vacation, but if they do, I agree that the very LEAST they should do is state that PLAINLY on their commerce site (the place where they sell their stuff). I don't even mind them leaving the commerce site operational when they are gone, but include the statement that you buy at your own risk...if you have an issue with the download or install, you're on your own until they return. What would be so freakin' hard about that? The answer is nothing....but the reason why they don't is obvious. This is the fundamental reason why I will continue to voice my opinion about CS's customer support every opportunity I can. As a freeware painter, I have no problem responding to emails people send to me about problems they may have with my paints. Even though I'm under no obligation to respond, its just the right thing to do. I don't wait until I get at least 10 reports about the issue before I fix it either. :-rollTalking about deleting threads, that is a common practice over there, and as long as the one customer support/pr person is gone, you should be ok. However, I have seen CS himself step in on many occasions and prove to everyone that he is in charge and his dictatorship will not be challenged by the little peons, commonly referred to as customers. :-lol In fact, as Corey Ford can tell you, they will even EDIT your post to their liking if they feel that the post has some promotional value, but just needs a little tweaking. Corey, a very well-known and respected freeware painter around these parts, made some very nice repaints of the CS 757. In his post with great screenshots attached with his work, he asked a few questions CS does not like to answer. So, instead of deleting his entire post, they just deleted a few lines and moved some text around so it looked ok to them. Corey was not happy. He pulled his paints, let them know how he felt and won't be painting anymore CS planes. Good job CS.I hope you get your problem resolved when they return, I know its hard to make the decision to buy, expect to have your product up and running, then discovering that you have no choice but to wait until they return. Question; had they posted on the commerce site that you'd get no support until May 5th, would you have waited to buy it until then? And....that is the reason why you did not see a NOTAM on the commerce page. ;-)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Hi Steve,Yeah, I figured out pretty quickly that I had been bamboozled. I'm not actually SURPRISED by any of this, just disappointed. I should have listened to the negative feedback all over the forums, but I tend to want to see/believe the best in people. I have to assume that the problem will be rectified on way or another, sooner or later (see, there I go again).But I'm really annoyed that I have to deal with something that should have been a seamless affair. There are plenty of E-Commerce systems that allow you to download instantly without waiting days for keys and e-mails and verifications. Heck, I just bought the FSDT Chicago O'Hare scenery from WITHIN an FS session. I didn't even have to exit. I paid, and within 2 or 3 seconds, the scenery was activated and I was on my way. That kind of convenience makes CapSim's system all the more painful to endure.Anyway, while I have your ear Steve, I love your paints. You do fantastic work.Regards,Nick

>Hi Steve,>>Yeah, I figured out pretty quickly that I had been bamboozled.>I'm not actually SURPRISED by any of this, just disappointed.>I should have listened to the negative feedback all over the>forums, but I tend to want to see/believe the best in people.>I have to assume that the problem will be rectified on way or>another, sooner or later (see, there I go again).>>But I'm really annoyed that I have to deal with something that>should have been a seamless affair. There are plenty of>E-Commerce systems that allow you to download instantly>without waiting days for keys and e-mails and verifications. >>Heck, I just bought the FSDT Chicago O'Hare scenery from>WITHIN an FS session. I didn't even have to exit. I paid, and>within 2 or 3 seconds, the scenery was activated and I was on>my way. That kind of convenience makes CapSim's system all the>more painful to endure.>>Anyway, while I have your ear Steve, I love your paints. You>do fantastic work.>>Regards,>>Nick>>Thanks Nick.I have not painted in a while, lately I'm spending too much time flying in the real ones, criss-crossing all over the country.I may have to get back into it though...I was just at DTW (going back tomorrow) and realized that there are a lot of NWA planes that need some Delta paint. :) Imagine Airbuses, DC-9s and 747s wearing Delta colors. Of course we don't know how its all going to pan out...but it would be cool to see those planes in Delta's colors.As far as CS, you would THINK they would have a top notch e-commerce system for as much business they do, but it only appears that the part of the system that handles the incoming cashflow works just fine, so as far as they're concerned, all is well. :-rollI too always want to assume the best of people, but CS seems to prove time and again that they do not want to listen to customer feedback, which when not deleted/edited, is usually solid common sense business practices that would make the whole experience over there something we'd praise rather than criticize if they took the time to listen. Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg