Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

The best Concorde?

While in the PNW I got to see the Concorde at the Museum of flight in Seattle.I want to fly it in FS9.What version is the best PSS or SSTSim? SSTSim looks nicer from the screen shots but is it as accurate at the systems?I'm a PMDG/LVD kind of guy so you know what I'm expecting.Comments welcome.Check out a few shots I took while there too ;)http://www.flickr.com/photos/altstiff/2400...57603294625406/

Howdy. I have them both. From a standpoint of having a full up cockpit, full Flight engineer panel with all the switches etc..get the PSS version. I'm not sure of PSS status, I think they shut down.However, if you want to get as close to flying Concorde using real world procedures; I highly recommend SSTSim. Granted, a lot of the FE panel is not included, by the time you figure out how to transfer the fuel realisticaly from Concorde's 13 fuel tanks sucessfully. You won't miss the rest of the panel. Just the main areas needed to sucessfully fly across the pond are utilized.The main focus, is on procedures and doing them properly. Once you get the engines started, you will be busy..but having a blast as well. :-)The fuel system will really keep you busy the most. It's fairly complex with realism, the developers added a virtual "Flight(Fuel) Engineer just to manage that part of the flight.Again, in my opinion after flying both...SSTSIm wins hands down for me for realism and FUN.Drop by the SSTSim forums, friendly bunch of folks..be happy to answer any questions.Kepp in mind too, the SSTSim is on the Flight1 catalog, so you have 30days to try this beautiful girl. I don't think you'll be too disappointed.Best,David

Thanks David.So your saying that it simulates a virtual FE as well? Can I turn that feature off?I actually have the ITVV programme and wathced it when I got home form the PNW. I'm hankering to fly one. It does seem much more complex than anything else from that era.

You can turn the VFE off and do it all yourself. It is the most challenging addon I have!

I agree. Having flown both PSS and SSTSim versions, SSTSim is much more accurate with regard to systems and realism. PSS has too many standard FS items installed, reducing the realism.

The SSTSIM virtual FE is actually worse than the the PSS one when it comes to fuel management, so you will want to turn that puppy off really quickly. Having said that, I have both the PSS and SSTSIM concorde and would prefer the SSTSIM concorde over the PSS one for overall realism any day (even if you have to pump fuel yourself).Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

and the SSTsim version has a fully clickable vc cockpit.Andrew Wilson (Developer) is exceptional in his support.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi,I fly the PSS Concorde but I'm sure either package will give you a great deal of pleasure.You're going to have your hands full for a while as this aircraft is so different to any other. For a start take-off is about 50mph faster than a 767 and everything goes past the window at a great rate of knots. I suggest you keep the Flight Engineer on auto until you feel confident you can do the job of two people.There's a package of flight plans of the 1999 Round the World tour available in the AvSim library. Get concorde_rtw`99_tour_-flightplans.zipI did the technical tour of G-BOAC here at Manchester last year. It's a beautiful aircraft but I was taken aback at how primitive the instruments looked compared to the modern glass cockpit. Still, it was years ahead of its time when it went into service in the 70s. I sat in the same seat as Michael Jackson and that Connally leather was so luxurious!:) Have fun flying her. We'll never see her like again. Crying shame if you ask me!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather