Sign in to follow this  
kiwimail

FS-Excel

There's a locked thread here in the FS9 forum titled "Cpt. Keith's Interesting FS9 scenery". While the discussion was originally based on the this title, things went pear-shaped later on. Not going to discuss or take sides; you can divine what you want for yourself. I purchased it and was in the process of deciding on its usefulness when it all went south...

Thanks for the update Rick. I had no idea about this,I'll just sit on the fence in the meantime.

Guest wyldmagik

I wish I had seen this thread before I bought it.A friend of mine had bought FSexcel when it came out and I thought it looked pretty good. So stupid me, i waited and then the product stopped being sold because of texture copyright issues or something like that.So I was happy when it went on sale again. Bought it, and now expecting it to be the same as what my friend got, i find it's missing a bunch of textures that were in the original. Buyer be warned -- it ain't the same product as when it went on sale. Guess they must have removed lots of the good textures and effects. Totally sux.Jc.

Guest weeniemcween

Whatever, people shouldn't support this kind of crap-payware that steals from freeware.Just to let you guys know, the runway12.bmp and runway12_hw.bmp as well as taxi_asphalt.bmp are the same as those in 12006_AIRPORT_ORENBURG.zip at avsim.ruWhether that's the original source i'm not sure, but i'm sure it was freeware too.(I know this because I use a combination of those, NewRusRunway, Real Environment Pro, and Simreal Airland.)Now, maybe the guys who did those textures signed on to fs-excel but I doubt it, especially considering the other textures stolen. Judging from the current screenshots, fs-excel is still using the freeware runway textures at least. And if they're not, well then ironically that's false advertisement. This has happened so many times in this hobby, unfortunately.