Sign in to follow this  
Guest kenmc

AI flights "Going Missed"

Guest kenmc

Hi Folks I decided to check the arrivals of some of my AI traffic at some of the smaller airports that I've been sending them to. I discovered, at one airport, that some of the flights are "going missed". They're approaching too high, flying 50-100ft. above the runway then "Going Missed". Other flights,such as the Beech 1900's are landing as they should. I had made some adjustments to the AFCAD(as per Google Earth)so removed it,thinking that might be the problem, but the same thing happens with the default. Other traffic in the area is not the problem. None of these aircraft act this way at the larger airports.Anyone have any suggestions?Thanks, Ken

Guest flightsimmernick

Does it happen with every approach of just within the inital 15 mins after setup?

How Bout dis: You're starting your flight to watch the AI, but you're on the active runway. Move to the side. I speak from experience. I wasn't always so Brilliant.Bill :( :-roll

Guest chris.eve

Sounds a lot like your runways are too short for the ai aircraft ... that doesn't mean your runways are too short, it means your ai aircraft aren't losing height properly and ending up too high when they get to the runway. I've spent quite some time "playing" with GA ai planes. I'm a bit of a masochist and prefer to tailor the individual characteristics of each aircraft type, rather than just use a set of flight definitions "that work", and one of the problems I run into on occaision is an aircraft that "won't land". It often means adjusting the flaps parameters to increase the drag, but sometimes I've just got to bite the bullet and use a previously made set of parameters for an aircraft with similar performance :-(

Guest kenmc

Hi There- It seems to happen with each approach regardless of the time. The Beech 1900's land ok but the Dash 8's fly away to attempt another approach. I'm flying around the airport when I'm checking, so I'm not on the tarmac or otherwise in the way.Ken.