Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Scrambled Scenery, Colorful Lines Flashing on Screen

I just finished installing a new Raptor Hard Drive (10K rpm) and used the imaging software included with the drive to transfer everything inlcuding FS2004 from my old hard drive. It was running fine for a while but I'm now getting flashes of "angular colors" and colorful lines while both taxiing on the ground and flying about every 3 or 4 seconds, as though the scenery is being interfered with for microseconds at a time. I can't post a screenshot because the color flashes only last about a 1/2 second each.I'm trying to avoid a complete reinstall (I just spent 4 days on a complete reinstall and re-tweak last week when I finished the build of the new system, when BestBuy announced the Raptor on sale) and I feel that I've read about this before and that it is fairly easy to rectify, but I can't find anything in my searches. Not even sure what to search for, to tell you the truth.I did do a manual install of the complete FSGenesis Mesh from the DVDs -- I have Ultimate Terrain with the sandwich patch -- but because of the great amount of time involved in re-installing it I thought I would post here before I uninstalled the FSGenesis.BTW, I put the old drive back in and flew from that install and I don't have any problems (except that it takes 3 times as long to load! :-D ) I have Acronis True Image 11 so I can image the install from the old drive but that can take some serious time, and I'm not sure that's the answer.Can anyone point me in the right direction to get my FS9 back to normal? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

For future posterity: It seems as though it was just a bad AFCAD I had downloaded from the library here for my FlyTampa KBOS scenery. I won't say which author it was from, though, as I'm not sure that it was a bad file or I did a faulty install somehow.Thanks for all of you who looked -- I KNEW it was something simple! :-)