Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

FS crashes at LSGS

FS crashes when near Sion (LSGS) but only during the day.I was able to fly into, or start at, LSGS without a problem but now FS crashes but the faulting module is 'unknown'.If I try to start a flight from LSGS terrain loading gets to about 56% then FS crashes.If I start at LSGG and then slew towards LSGS I can get to within about 5nm then FS locks up and crashes with same unknown module error.This does NOT happen if I set time to night.I can start at the small airfields near LSGS, such as LSMN, LSMJ & LSGG at any time of day.I have 3rd party scenery for LSGG, LSZH and the Swiss package from Daniel Gauthier. I also have Lago TerraMesh 1 installed.I have disabled all that scenery in FS Scenery Library and still FS crashes.I have also searched for multiple AFCAD files and renamed the single one for LSGS.Can anyone suggest where I should look for the offending file, I am out of ideas now.Unfortunately I cannot remember if I have installed anything since LSGS was OK.PC has plenty of RAM and HD space, graphics card is a GF8800TIA

I seem to remember that there was an issue similar to what you're reporting not long after FS9 was released; I think that it related to a bad texture file for the Spring or Summer textures in the Default FS9 texture set.Try doing a search here on the AVSIM forums and see if something doesn't come up, there was a fix for it as I remember.Hope that helps.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Jim and Andy, Thanks for your input.Ed, thanks for the memory jogger, it looks like it is a seasonal texture problem.I can start or fly to LSGS during daylight in any season apart from Spring so rather than search 1500+ texture files for the 'bad' one I will just keep clear of LSGS during spring :DThanks for the help guys.

Thanks for the links Christian and thanks to Holger for his work on the patch.The earlier patch (sion.bgl) stops the CTD but the later one doesn't.I don't like the way Sion now looks with that blanket forest but it is either that or don't fly during transitions :( I will have to investigate further to see if I have any Ernst Bosshard files still in FS9.Regards