Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Gotta Love those Commercial Level Airbusses!

CLS is absolutely excellent and is a good buy. A great alternative (and in some ways a relief) from very complex add-ons by other great developers.Their Airbus series is superlative visually and the VC rocks on triple LCDs even if it has very limited Airbus "McDoo" logic. The CLS DC-10 series is also very good.But what I can't wait for is their upcoming Boeing 747-100/200 series which promises to be totally fantastic with incredible detail and visual modelling. And probably a a great flight model to boot.JS

I only hope they don't forget to include Braniff's Great Pumpkin as part of the collection!

Hello all,Here's what I think, the CLS 345/346 lite package is a pretty good bargain with it's modelling, animations, VC, sounds and functionnable systems. Of course it's only "lite" but there are a lot of people who prefer this and love flying by Garmin 500's.I bought this package with great hope, yes, initially I was a little disapointed but then, it's only half the price of the PMDG 747. I believe there is an advanced 346 (346 professional) as well.I'm not much of a modelling simmer, I prefer realistic FMC, FDE and systems and I fly by charts, others give visual issues a lot of importance. Maybe it could be used for merging if it already isn't who knows?All I can say is that we are all in an urgent need of a "real Airbus" and that as quick as possible!Happy landings

Guest essoblue

My main disppointment with the CLS A345/6 'lite' package was the frame rate hit. Usually, one compensation for lack of systems modelling, is easier frame rates but I found the CLS package surprisingly heavy on frames even with the lighter sound files. I uninstalled eventually as a result.

>Nothing at all wrong with 'lite' products. But would less>experienced simmers be overloaded, when they get teached, an>Airliner does not take off with full thrust everytime ? I'm really sorry, but it's my job. Please, it's 'taught' not 'teached' - many non-native English speakers post here; we 'natives' should set an example.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Well I have to digress to say that I am back with the Overland Airbus and Boeing models and am happier. With the help of Bryan Betts wonderful fde tweaks, these birds 'drive' as I would expect them too. Like the CLS, they are easy on lift off if properly trimmed but require substantial room for your approach patterns. They are quite accurate on the fuel burn and they touch down like the graceful birds that they are. There are also lots of liveries for each of the models. Highly recommended.

Guest ThrottleUp

Simmers come in all types. From the sooper-dooper realists who chew each other out for parking at the wrong gate http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/...-smiley-028.gif do real-time preflights, wx-checks and FMC programming to those who want to just jump in, GPS and go! Its well known that companies like CLS cater to the latter and theres nothing wrong with it. But even here there is some realism - for example I dont fly hyper-complex PMDG planes but I fly real-world routes at real-world times. As always it comes down to what *you* like as a person. You like setting the hyper-real switches and FMCs in the PMDG MD-11 or 744 - cool! Have fun :)You like picking an A346, GPS direct to wherever, cool have fun :)I think the Posky planes are excellent, yes they do need a lot of tinkering to set them up and also for updating them but it pays in the end. Their 737NGs look great!I think its variables like this that make our simming community so much fun - and productive. The simmer who flies GPS direct might be an excellent painter whose work is used by uber-simmers when they fly their Level-D 767s.Its all good its all good :)

>Simmers come in>all types. From the sooper-dooper realists who chew each other>out for parking at the wrong gate>http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/...-smiley-028.gif>do real-time preflights, wx-checks and FMC programming to>those who want to just jump in, GPS and go! >>Its well known that companies like CLS cater to the latter and>theres nothing wrong with it. But even here there is some>realism - for example I dont fly hyper-complex PMDG planes but>I fly real-world routes at real-world times. >>As always it comes down to what *you* like as a person. You>like setting the hyper-real switches and FMCs in the PMDG>MD-11 or 744 - cool! Have fun :)>>You like picking an A346, GPS direct to wherever, cool have>fun :)>>I think the Posky planes are excellent, yes they do need a lot>of tinkering to set them up and also for updating them but it>pays in the end. Their 737NGs look great!>>I think its variables like this that make our simming>community so much fun - and productive. The simmer who flies>GPS direct might be an excellent painter whose work is used by>uber-simmers when they fly their Level-D 767s.>>Its all good its all good :)I'm a lot like you. I fly exclusively Overland Airbus, MD-11 and Boeing models but I check specific routes via Travelocity and them using exact times per FS RealTime and using weather via Active Sky. I have an excellent collection of liveries for each model and I use the livery based on my present location. As I speak I'm flying American 777-200 from PHNL-KLAX. I never had good luck with the POSKY products. Visually they were very nice, but flying them was very cumbersome to me. Their 747 just didn't fly well for me. So with Overland, Active Sky, FS RealTime, AISmooth and AI TrafficMover, I have my world just the way I want it both with regards to my user aircraft and the thousand of AI's that fly around me. I use a lot of vintage AI's such as the TWA Super Connies, BA and Air France Concorde, Eastern L-1011, etc. and all of them flying the real schedules that they flew when in service. What more could I ask for?

Guest ThrottleUp

I have my world just the way I want it And *that* is all that matters!

Guest jon_151

Hi all,Thanks for the positive feedback and any other thoughts about CLS. There has been in the past some negative feedback about CLS product being "lite" to all the heavy simmers to the class of PMDG, CaptainSim, PSS and etc criticizes the way we aim our products to be in "F-Lite" range. Most of us at CLS are casual simmers, we don't spent 5 hours in FS following the procedures and flying just like in real life, I simply have the reason as to why, no matter how much tweaked and realism you have in your FS, it could never beat the real world flying. FS is originally developed for entertainment purpose, all the planes that comes from the package are easy to fly, they don't come with manuals on how to fly them properly. I've seen a lot of those heavy class simmers arguing and reckons our product cost way too expensive for an "F-Lite" and they all started to compare with the likes of PMDG, PSS, Captainsim and etc. Some argue back defending the F-Lite you know it is as simple as this "it's your FS, have it your way" there are different types of FS users and everyone of them have the right to have FS each to their ways. But to bash and criticizes the lite product that aims for a casual simmer is somewhat ego minded and selfish.Being a developer we push to FS capability, for instant our Boeing 747-200/300 has a very high quality VC, high quality exterior model, textures and etc, something you don't get from default FS planes, so does with the rest of our product. We aim to improve our future products as we find better techniques, better resources and etc.When it comes to price, one must know this, the price set justifies the cost to pay the developers, to pay the running cost, to profit the company and etc. It also justifies to the time we spent sitting in front of the computer developing the product.No offense to the heavy class simmers, as I too have PMDG, Level D product on my FS and it's a joy to fly them, great fun to try to simulate how it's basically done in real world flying while knowing that it can never be as close as real world flying.Just my 2 cents :DThanks Jonathan HartanaCommercial Level Simulations

Guest essoblue

JonathonNo offence to you and your products. They fill a gap in the market nicely, but as I said above, I was disappointed in the frame rate hit. I don't have a powerful system by any means but my PMDG 737 series run very smoothly, whereas I found the CLS Airbus A345/600 quite demanding and stuttery. My expectation was that because not all systems were modelled they would be easier on frames. Just some feedback. I know you are aware of this from the forums but for me it's an important issue.