Sign in to follow this  
Guest gunnarmd

Maps2Bgl - Offline alternative to the program TileProxy

I went to your German site and don't read German. Please tell me how to download your newest version. I have version "Maps2Bgl 1.7d", is this a newest version newer than, "Maps2Bgl 1.7d" ? Thanks jerrycwo4

Guest gunnarmd

>I went to your German site and don't read German. Please tell>me how to download your newest version. I have version>"Maps2Bgl 1.7d", is this a newest version newer than,>"Maps2Bgl 1.7d" ? Thanks jerrycwo4The Link go direct to the new Version 1.8 . Please write the Capcha, then push the button "Jetzt herunterladen".http://www.g-daehling.de/fs2004/modules.ph...&op=view&lid=17

I'm working my hardest to get my new manual uploaded, but alas a virus has my system incapacitated right now. I am having to use my phone to use the internet right now. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Hi,Sorry, I knew I had to run the BAT file, I should have mentioned that. I ran this KML in version 1.7 and got the following BAT file (top sections only):cd tempresample 15_000000.infcopy temp.bgl "C:FSMaps2BglSan_DiegoScenery15_5648_13128_B.bgl"imagetool.exe -nogui -terrainphoto *su.tgacopy *.mip "C:FSMaps2BglSan_DiegoTexture*.bmp"del *.mipdel *su.tgadel temp.bglresample 15_000001.infcopy temp.bgl "C:FSMaps2BglSan_DiegoScenery15_5656_13128_B.bgl"imagetool.exe -nogui -terrainphoto *su.tgacopy *.mip "C:FSMaps2BglSan_DiegoTexture*.bmp"del *.mipdel *su.tgadel temp.bgl...I see how this works - it renames the temp.bgl file to the many (800) individual BGL files I found in the SCENERY folder.Now I processed the same KML file in version 1.8 and I will show you the same top section of the resulting BAT file:cd tempresample 15_000000.infimagetool.exe -nogui -terrainphoto *su.tgacopy *.mip "C:FSMaps2BglSan_DiegoTexture*.bmp"del *.mipdel *su.tgadel temp.bglresample 15_000001.infimagetool.exe -nogui -terrainphoto *su.tgacopy *.mip "C:FSMaps2BglSan_DiegoTexture*.bmp"del *.mipdel *su.tgadel temp.bglNote that the temp.bgl file for each of these sections is simply deleted.So I looked at the bottom of the bat file and found:resample 15_000831.infimagetool.exe -nogui -terrainphoto *su.tgacopy *.mip "C:FSMaps2BglSan_DiegoTexture*.bmp"del *.mipdel *su.tgadel temp.bglresample scenery.infcopy temp.bgl "C:FSMaps2BglSan_DiegoSceneryscenery.bgl"del *.mipdel *su.tgadel temp.bglOK, there's my last BMP file, and a new entry - scenery.inf. So I then assumed that it had a listing of all the scenery tiles in it. But it doesn't! It only has the listing for the first scenery tile. As far as I can tell, it will produce a file showing a total of one scenery tile (instead of 800). Here is the *entire* scenery.inf file:[Destination]DestDir = "C:FSMaps2BglTemp"DestBaseFileName = "temp"BuildSeasons = 0UseSourceDimensions = 0NorthLat = 33.651123046875WestLong =-117.94921875SouthLat = 31.7285156250001EastLong =-115.6640625[source]Type = CustomSourceDir = "."SourceFile = "15_000000.tga"Lat = 33.6512082992051Lon = -117.94921875NumOfCellsPerLine = 2049NumOfLines = 1707CellXdimensionDeg = 4.29153442382813E-05CellYdimensionDeg = 4.29153442382813E-05ScaleinMeters = 1I ran the batch file and ended up with NOTHING in the San_Diego/scenery folder. Looks like the inf file is not valid.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Tom,By chance, did you happen to edit any of the tga images prior to running the batch file? I ask because the results you show would appear if any of the tga images were not 32-bit prior to compiling them. I wish I could be of more help, but I am without my computer right now thanks to some j*ck a*s and his trojan virus. You might check all of the images to make sure they are 32-bit before compiling.

Hi,I hadn't touched the TGA images in this case. I did try to create a black alpha channel mask over the ocean when working with 1.7 and this compiled fine, although I ended up with artifacts around the edges of the tile I was working on.This was all working fine with 1.7; it's only the switch to 1.8 that is causing the problems. I can always go back to 1.7, of course. :)Sorry to hear of your computer problems, hope you get this sorted out soon. I'm eagerly awaiting your manual.--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I'm running Maps2bgl ver 1.8All I get is an error stating - Service Not CofiguredWhat am I doing wrong?Thanks.Paul.

Guest gunnarmd

Hallo Tom,I examined the problem. The cause for the empty directory is out of memory. The area is for the RESAMPLE.EXE too big. I must find another solution to compress the BGL together. For the download one can use version 1.8. For compiling one takes better version 1.7d . I thank you for your help.:-beerchug

Hi,I am currently working on a smaller KML area with about 5,700 scenery BMP files in the TEXTURE folder at the end. When I ran the original batch file I got no scenery.bgl produced (just the same result as my larger project with 16,000 scenery BMP files).I wanted to test your out of memory theory, so I copied the batch file to a new file name. Then I removed all but the resample scenery.inf section (the final entry). When I ran *that* batch file, I got a scenery bgl produced! Remember, when I ran the original batch file, I didn't. Perhaps all the resampling before the scenery.inf section is reached has used up all the memory? Perhaps there needs to be *two* batch files? One for the images and one for the scenery bgl? Even so, I doubt if a really big project like my original one would ever compile, but I might be wrong. Perhaps create a separate scenery bgl file for each 1000 scenery BMP files produced?Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Ok great I finally got this working and it looks wonderful thanks man.I just have a few questions.1) I guess there will be no actual autogen displayed in these converted areas correct?2) How do you accomodate for the 4 seasons for those areas that have variably different seasons as in Canada etc? Do I have to create 4 different sets during each of the seasons?3) I've attached a picture (hope it's not too small - it's the first time I've ever uploaded a file to the forums) of the small area I started with as a test around my home airport CYYG (Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island in Canada. As you can see the majority of it is fine - it's just those areas in the black and white blocks that I'm questioning.When creating the actual original tiles there were a bunch that kept displaying No Picture with a picture of a camera with a line through it. These 'bad' tiles I guess resulted in these blocky areas. Is there a way around this?Thanks to all again and great looking product.Paul.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188629.jpg

Also would it matter if I chose to open Google Earth normally or one of the other two options I have on my start menu - 1) Open Google Earth in DirectX mode and 2) Open Google Earth in OpenGL mode?Thanks again.Paul.

HiA huge thanks to Gunnar for this, I've been filling in the gaps in my Alpine sceneries, i.e. the Dolomites and the area round the Simplon pass with great success. Can I suggest a thread for people to post areas of the world that work well? Some areas come out rather patchy with different colours, I tried Tuscany for example, which comes out in a variety of greens and browns. The Dolomites have lighter and darker areas but I can live with these.John

Now: After my first successful creation of a scenery area - I want to try a second one and now every time I click on Add Polygon - Google Earth keeps saying that it encountered an error and has to close.Tried it about 5 times - same error each time.It's ony been about half a day since trying my first scenery creation - which as I said earlier worked just fine.Thanks.