Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

What would you recommend for an excellent Airbus paywar...

Since PSS is not there, for now anyways, I wanted to know what users of FS2004 (and FSX) would recommend for an excellent and detailed Airbus series payware? I recently saw a review of the Wilco Airbuses and it actually looks good. Has anyone purchased these and how are they, buggy and if if so, have the bugs been addressed? What about other payware? I am especially interested in the A320/319/318, A330/340. I would love to have the long range A340-500 or -600 also if good ones exist, especially with a fully functional FMC.Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.John

Well, my personal opinion is, you can't go better than with the PSS buses. They're old, but in merge with Project Airbus or POSKY still so good and should not cost too much.Wilco might be a little better in some parts but their buses are not flawless at all.Other than that, there's a promising Airbus project, oh well simulation, called 'AirSimmer'.The bad side is that no release date is given.We gotta wait...Regards,

The Wilco Feelthere airbusses are good value.

Dave Taylor gb.png

John,before we get into another Wilco-antiWilco war, why don't you do some search. Your question has been answered this or that way and done to death. No offence, just a bit of advice.What you have now and counts is:1. Freeware models:a) A319 (soon)/320 - Project Airbus v2:( A318/319/320/321 - iFDGc) A330/340 - Project OpenSky2. Payware light products:a) A330/340 - CLS:( all buses - Overland3. Payware complex products:a) all buses - PSS (aged):( all buses Wilco FeelThereMerging some of the above is possible and recommended.Search for details. :)Another option is to wait for the ones to be released sooner or later.Best regards,Rafal

Rafal, Thank-you for your advice but searching such a broad topic on this forum yields too many results. I have been a member here since 2004 and of course, I usually search but there are too many results to go through and some postings are not new. I thought I'd ask a fresh question to see what is out there now because I have not been doing much simming for the last year.I already have PSS but I do not really like the problems these buses have, especially no reliable way to resume from a save.I think I will consider the Wilco. Thanks again,Can

Wilco are decent enough if you setup and fuel the plane correctly. There's a few rogue bugs that seem to pop up and hand flying feels a bit different if you're used to Boeings. The FBW is modelled very well which catches out some new Airbus drivers. Also be aware the only option for VC/TrackIR users is the Wilco.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

One of the rouge bugs is an inability to perform a proper autoland. I am yet to do a CAT III by the numbers and in line with procedures approach without landing short of the runway (it can do a proper autoland if in full landing configuration well before intercepting the glideslope, but that's NOT realistic). Of course I always land by hand, but that's beside the point. The plane SHOULD perform a flawless autoland and it does not.The managed descent is also nothing short of atrocious. Maybe some people don't notice, but the Wilco bus dives like a Stukas bomber then levels off then dives again and so on and so forth until reaching 10,000 feet.Those are, IMHO, showstoppers. Of course if one doesn't care for these aspects, the Wilco bus is an ok product. It climbs, it follows the flightplan (though sometimes overshoots waypoints and then circles endlessly around them) and it lands. The exterior model is nicer than the PSS too.

Since I'm in a "minimalist" state right now, focusing more time and energy on detailed flight planning and correct departure and arrival procedures than I used to on the more detailed panels, I'm about to buy the Overland models. They're reliable, they're all there in one package, ots and lots of free repaints available, and you can't beat the price. In addition, all FDEs have just been updated/upgraded through the generous auspices of Bryan Betts (Outer Marker). He's now working on the Boeings as we speak, and he said he'd come back to the 300 after he was finished with that. To see them all, follow this link:<< http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View >>

Not that I'm adding an awful lot to the discussion, but for my 2 cents... :-)The Wilco airbus has been a good INTERIM option while we wait for the Airsimmer release. It has a fair approximation of the A320 systems and - if you don't try to perform any abnormal operations in it - you will barely notice the limited systems depth.My main criticisms would be:Mostly non-dynamic or 'canned' system values (ie hyd press, quantity, bleed air temps and pressures etc are always the same, no 'organic' variation)The fly-by-wire is not bad but not perfect either, you need to learn how to 'fly a wilco' rather than how to fly an airbus, as the wilco simulation does behave a little differently to the real deal. Learn how to fly it on it's own terms and you'll be fineI certainly consider it one of my best value-for-money purchases to date, but when Airsimmer comes out my Wilco 'bus will be retired permenently in favour of the better systems depth, better VC graphics and night-lighting and so on.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Vincent

IMO, I really don't like Wilco buses at all... I have experience many problems regarding the auto pilot. I have fly according to the book but that thing still fly funny. I pretty uninstall it and replace with their 737 for short haul at this point until a better bus come out.Vincent

Thank-you everyone for your feedback. Especially thanks to Mark for mentioning Airsimmer. I am not that knowledgeable about all the companies out there so I have actually not heard of Airsimmer, but I will investigate them.There is, of course, the PMDG A321 that they wanted to create, and possibly other Airbuses, but that is on the back-burner for now as they work on other projects as far as I know. The PMDG 737NG series, by the way, is truly great, though a bit hard on frame-rates.John

Has anyone purchased the A380 or A350 from afs-design? It looks good and there is a demo version of each plane here at AVISIM. I have done a search and found only 1 comment that the person sent the money and never recieved the files to get rid of the black banners or replies to e-mails. It has VC, FMC, etc.Lynn

I've got the Wilco/Feelthere a320 package and am pretty disappointed. doesn't handle quite right and flight dynamics no where close to what they should be. I just keep coming back to the PMDG 737. Wait for the Airsimmer methinks. There's some good freeware products about that are much cheaper than the Wilco!Chris

>Has anyone purchased the A380 or A350 from afs-design?I haven't but some people have.Did you read their reviews at Simmarket?Have a look and judge for yourself:http://secure.simmarket.com/product_review...roducts_id=2816http://secure.simmarket.com/product_review...roducts_id=2764http://secure.simmarket.com/product_review...roducts_id=2765Best regards,Rafal

After reading the reviews it sounds very ordinary indeed.I am waiting for the Aerosoft AirbusX Extended. The original is a good add-on, but with some deliberate simplifications, but I fly the really testing stuff in the PMDG NGX so a little easier in the Airbus is OK. Incidentally the Aerosoft flight dymamics are more realistic than the Wilco - which after all is a warmed over FS9 product which has time-travelled well.The Aerosoft Extended version will at least give some more functionality including SIDS/STARS which to me is the only limiting feature at present.However I have seen no pre-orders or notices for the upgrade to the extended version for existing customers.