Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

What would you recommend for an excellent Airbus paywar...

Jeeze Ian where you dig this old thread up from? :)funny you know, after 3+ years the PSS and Wilco have pretty much stood the test of time and systems wise still look good against the current competition

Dean Stringer

The Wilco A318-21 buses seem to be ok; except that my FS9 brings up an error message on closing when I've been flying it. Any hints on what might be wrong, or how to fix it? The error box seems to indicate appcrash when trying to close the feelThere gauge.;)

Hey this is weird talking to people across a gulf of time :=)I too have partaken in the hunt for the perfect Airbus and don't mind talking about it. I originally had the PSS and it was great for a few years but having not bothered to do the POSKY merge, I abandoned it in favour of the Wilco Vol 1 and later the Airsimmer.Reality? - a perfect Airbus sim does not exist in the way that at least, near perfect Boeing 737s exist from iFly and PMDG. Airbus dynamics and flight management programming (FMGC and how it works with MCDU), are way more complex than Boeing's FMC. FBW is modelled in most versions to greater or lesser extent, and afaik only normal law is modelled in sim airbusses. The amount of computerisation, programming and automation in an Airbus is scary and pretty much unique in real world aviation. So, for simmers, it's really a matter of what's important to them, stability v. cosmetics or functionality/flyability. Only the Wilco has SIDS/STARS and Init B but its FDE leaves something to be desired, in fact both Wilco and Airsimmer tend to do daft things in the air, Airsimmer sometimes can't keep to its cruise altitude (IAE is the worst) and Wilco sometimes goes into free fall 8000fpm dives, although its descent management is much improved in the evolution version, Airbus X has Init B but no SIDS and STARS currently. Airsimmer Basic has SIDS and STARS and nice curves on the FMGC but no Init B, it looks and sounds beautiful but has some fairly crucial flaws in its flight dynamics and performance - CTDs for some (although not for me) and stutters, particularly on finals. Roll is also a real issue in the Airsimmer and for many only removal of the 2D cockpit solves stutter problems. AirbusX is also 3D cockpit only.If you're after pretty Airbuses, the Airsimmer wins in FS9 and Airbus X presumably in FSX. although I am mostly stuck with GA in FSX on my old computer.The Wilco meanwhile is not so pretty but is somewhat improved in the Evolution version - with a 2D HUD, radar and some improvements to the FMGC, curves on SID STARS and better managed descent. It is more stable, although not perfect but it also models all 8 Airbus variants, whereas the Airbus X and Airsimmer only model the A320. So for my money I plump most of the time for the Airbus Evolution with modified freeware sounds, replacement VC textures (also freeware) and shockwave lights. except fpr the A320 where I sometimes use the Airsimmer CFM only - (sans 2D cockpit), as the IAE is unusable most of the time. That way my experience is pretty good most of the time, provided I know when to intervene (similar to the real world? Hope not.)Ray

Wow, people sometimes have some time travels, don't they? :blink:In the meantime things changed more than a bit. As you can see in my signature, I have found a decent Airbus to enjoy.Knowing AirSimmer has a rather bad opinion overall (partially deserved by its bad marketing and PR), I have no will to defend or represent it here.So, all I can say is that it flies great for me. It does need a few tweaks to begin with, but I am used to it in the FS world and see no problem in it.It is not a perfect addon (e.g. not having FSUIPC support) but I have never had one. Not in a 15-dollar sim. There are zero crucial errors for me and 100% of my flights end successfully. I am an airbus freak, so I find it a gem.Since I learned to fly AirSimmer, I have had no interest in Wilco, PSS, Project Airbus or Airbus X (being FSX only of course). AirSimmer fits me great and it will do even more once/if the improved advanced version is released.However, take my word for it, the name 'Basic' does not describe this product well, being miselading, as it is a fairly complex simulation and a beautiful environment to work in.I know some people have problems with it. I feel sincerely sorry for them. But I am enjoying it not less than iFly, another of my recent favourites. They both give me so much fun that I left my beloved (DA) Fokker 100 and (LH) MD-82! A lot of wise things have been said above, so there is no need for me to be more boring, lol. Sometimes I think we all practise a little too much theory compared to practice (flying). blum.gifSo please everyone enjoy airbuses of your choice, boeings, embraers, maddogs, fokkers, canadairs, dorniers, avros, BAE's, ATR's, dashes, saabs, Concords, Ilyushins, anotonovs, tupolevs and other aircraft.As long as they give you enjoyment, that's what all this is about!

When it comes to Airbus it's always an interesting topic.Myself bought the CLS Airbuses right when it got out but not happy with the system. So in order to not "waste" it, I merge with wilco (all A330/A340). Smaller Airbuses I use totally from Volume 1 (waiting for PA to release their A32X VC). Despite the model isn't that "good looking", it's fine to me.It sure did took me some times to think about getting Airsimmer but I'd rather wait for their advance versionPA A380 is truely amazing too./Little bit OT. Comparing to Boeing on Fs2004 market which has PMDG,iFly,PSS,Captainsim,Qualitywings...Airbus doesn't have any..

Edited by Sk1nNy

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5