Sign in to follow this  
Guest Outer Marker

Final Airbus Overland FDE update

Guest Outer Marker

I just uploaded my FDE update for the Overland A340-500. This completes my updates for the Airbus familty in the Overland Series.After tonight, it's onto the Boeing updates. :)Enjoy!-- Bryan

Hi Bryan!thank you very much! looking forward for the Boeing models!quick question: no A300 updates? -)cheers!harald

Guest Outer Marker

Well there had to be one of you eh? I wasn't sure how many people actually flew the A300, and as I don't, I was going to leave it out. If interest is out there though, I'd be willing to fix it - after the Boeings of course :)

Thanks for everything Bryan! Looking forward to the Boeing updates.You da man!

FYI, I fly the A300. Not as much as the others, but I do fly it. In Lufthansa and American Airlines liveries most of the time.

Mike...

>FYI, I fly the A300. Not as much as the others, but I do fly>it. In Lufthansa and American Airlines liveries most of the>time.Same here for the A300. Maurice

Guest Outer Marker

Fair enough. Looks like an update to the A300 is in order. For now I'm going to turn my attention to the Boeings. Then I'll come back around for the A300.-- Bryan

Guest Pilot Nicco

Hey, is there anyway you can make an update for Overlands Airbus Edition that fixes these problems?-"Automatic Reverse Thruster" (Where when I deploy my reverse thrusters they come back slowly on there own, then when I move my throttle back to idle, the reverse thrusters slider stays back for a few seconds and then closes. This is very inaccurate. The REAL aircraft are not automatic like this. They should be able to close IMEADIATLY when I move my throttle back to idle, and they should not slowly open up on there own when I deploy my reverse thruster)-"No Moving Nose Landing Gear" (Where the nose landing gear does not rotate)Thanks,-Nicco

Nicco, Bryan has completed all of the Airbus series and has now moved on to the Overland Boeings. To get his great work on the all of the Overland Airbus series just do a search in the library here for Bryan Betts and they should come up.

Guest Pilot Nicco

His update does not seem to fix these problems...?

Guest Outer Marker

Hey there all,By the nose gear rotation, I am assuming you mean the animation of the nosegear when the plane moves forward? If so, the animation is part of the model, and is not alterable via the FDE.As for the reverse thrusters, what model are you speaking of in particular? Is this the A300? If so, I have not had a look at this one yet. I'm saving it for last. I'm working ont he 737 FDEs at the moment. However, I use a key assignment for my reverse thrusters, F2. Wehn I hit F2, the reverse thrust animation is invoked immidiately. Please note that for FS2004 to correctly detect a reverse thrust situation, the throttle must be at idle to begin with. Are you using a CH product yoke or some other kind of throttle interface? If you are, this might be the problem.Please let me know what model is giving you the problem, and I will be glad to see what I can do.

Guest Pilot Nicco

I mean the gear rotation as when I turn the nose gear turns.

Guest Pilot Nicco

And I also mean the Airbus A320. When I apply the reverse thruster it goes back slowly on its own, then when I move my throttle to idle the engine itself is at idle but the slider is still open. It then closes after a few seconds. Is there anyway it can be fixed to it closes imeadiatly? Something like iFDG's a320, apply the reverse thruster and you will see what I mean, it should work like that.

Guest Pilot Nicco

I would really like it if, the nose gear turning movment and the reverse thruster closing delay could be fixed on the A320. That would mean a lot to me!

Guest Outer Marker

Nicco, I think you are referring to animations that are in the model, not the FDE. Are you using the virtual cockpit for Overland? Please let me know as this will pinpoint your issue more precisely.