Sign in to follow this  
Guest c210_cvs

Don't you just hate...

Guest c210_cvs

Arrogant developers who treat their customers or would be customers like juvenile misfits that know absolutely nothing at all.Talking about Ariane here. I had the opportunity to test drive one of their aircraft. Not much, about 1/2 hour but biy was it enough. Did not have time to play with the FMC but pretty sure it will be warped as well. Some issues I had was the aircraft not retracting gear, playing the default cessna sounds and A/P not engaging. (All was after I loaded the default cessna first) It was pretty much a hit and miss affair getting it to work correctly after takeoff.Eventually googled and got their support forum where the A/P issue was resolved as you need to leave the cessna avionics and master switch on before switching to the BBJ. Oh well, at least then it worked.About the HORRENDOUS framerates of the ND displays I see they say is due to them wanting to give you better FPS (this is still cool, 2 - 3 years ago maybe... ) for flying the aircraft and says it's a limitation of the FS engine. Their solution is to use the 2Di screens which is smooth but looks like cr@p with the popups screens everywhere when using TIR. I posted on their forum that I disagree about it being a FS engine issue since Project Tupolev has perfectly smooth displays and dails in the VC with complex system modeling and good frames looking out of the window.Their reply was them sticking to their guns saying it's a FS9 limitation. Wonder how PT did it then?!?!?I also see they charge for everything!! I mean everything! Sounds like they are going to make a support video to show how to do something, I did not read the whole post, and that video will not be free to customers!! I was flabergasted! If you want extra skins you pay, extra sounds, you pay, you need to download it again, you pay (this one is not that big a crime :( ) And everything is astronomical expensive!!Sure the cockpit looks nice and the exterior and interiors are very pretty. The feel of it is also not halve bad but with that attitude, the price and performance, no thanks!!

Ooooooooooooooooold story!

Once again, a problem that could have been avoided with a 1 minute search of these forums. Before you spend money, do a search of any company name.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

The funniest thing about this is that there is a guy in the Aerosoft AES Forums who is arguing with me that Ariane and the new CaptainSim Block F are equal to or better than PMDG and LVL-D. In fact this is what he said this morning ""The Block F is a fine aircraft sim and every bit as good as Level D, but with more features"What a joke LOL...-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>In fact this is what he said this morning ""The Block F is a>fine aircraft sim and every bit as good as Level D, but with>more features">>What a joke LOL...>-PaulWith the exception of a small problem with the brakes (which is being investigated) I have to agree that the Block F is a pretty darn good sim! The problem with many people is that they mistake their inability to understand and operate a complex simulation for a perceived problem by the developers. Captain Sim's 757 is by no means perfect, but then neither is LDS or PMDG! Level D and PMDG have just as many "inoperative" (read NOT MODELED!) items as does Captain Sim's 757!I've been flying the Captain Sim Block F since it was released and I happen to enjoy it! It flies well and the FMC performs just fine for me!That being said, I also own the LDS 767 and ALL of PMDG's products... and I happen to enjoy them ALL for various reasons.So.. if you want to bash ME as well, then please feel free! I've made the investment in the Block F 757 and I know what it's capable of doing! Just because it doesn't meet your lofty, anal-retentive standards doesn't mean it is a bad product!-Alex

My lofty anal retentive standards? See why do people immediately have to go there in a forum when they are sitting behind a keyboard? Forget it, you guys are right and all those people who are dissapointed by C/S and Ariane are lofty and anal retentive and can not set the right expectations for themselves.And my standards were that it be delivered two years ago when they sold us on their BS block system and then delivered how many other products before remembering about those of us that bought two years ago??? And what did I get, sh*t performance from a half completed A/C... So I am glad you had so much faith and knew what you were getting.Or my lofty anal retentive standards that Ariane charging hundreds of dollars for their complete 737 6/7/8/9 packages warrant it? Or does suggesting that people do homework make me lofty and anal retentive?If you want to get personal go ahead, you don't even know me from a whole in the wall so why go there; BUT when someone makes claims like Block F is better than LVL-D with more features I would prefer you respond with some facts... Why get personal Alex?Primary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

The simple fact is that Captain Sim Block F is a good sim! Whether you want to accept that fact or notBut since you and the others who condemn it haven't actually purchased and used it, it pointless to quibble over it!People believe what they want to believe and neither your complaints nor my praise is going to change that...

For what it's worth, I also enjoy the Block F 757, but I sure wish it wasn't so resource hungry. -Jeremy

Haven't run into that one... it's been very stable on my system. It actually uses less resources on mine than the PMDG 744.Are you running a single or dual core?

I have it on a quad core and on my single core. No real problems on my quad, but my single struggles. It is the only aircraft that I have problems with on my single core. No biggie though, I just fly it from the 2D panel.

>I had the opportunity to test drive>one of their aircraft.How?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Hello,Until CaptainSim makes good on many of his earlier promises to fix aircraft left in limbo which includes the B707, I will not purchase from this company. Guess its a good thing I am not holding my breath for the (Long Overdue) promised update to their B707.I don't care how good the B757 product is or isn't. I will "NEVER" purchase from Captain Empty Promises again until he makes good on all his earlier promises! ! !.I will continue to warn the Flightsim community about this company and all of their Empty Promises.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

"Until CaptainSim makes good on many of his earlier promises to fix aircraft left in limbo which includes the B707, I will not purchase from this company."At that rate I highly doubt you will ever be purchasing from CS again. I've been waiting as long as everyone else for the 707 update, but I think we're all S.O.L. on that one.

>>I had the opportunity to test drive>>one of their aircraft.>>How? LOL, it always amazes me how these C/S or Ariane posts burst into low-graded discussion and almost personal attacks.But the Q above is really interesting. How...:)