Sign in to follow this  
curt1

Active Camera with Vista 64?

I just bought a new computer. Anyone have any luck using Active Camera with Vista 64? I love Active Camera but I get a black screen anytime I click on the settings or assignment key. FS9 itself works fine in full screen mode, not windowed. Any suggestions are appreciated.Curt

We're in the same boat. Active camera and FSCamera aren't working for me either on my new Vista powered pc. Sorry I don't have an answer. Misery loves company, I miss those cameras. Keep trying.

Works fine here. Had to fire it up in Admin mode to get the activation business sorted out, once I had done that I have to run FS in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode to get it to work.Other than that works like a charm, but then I run in windowed mode.Ian

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Running Vista 32 here but it works just fine. However, I've completely shut off UAC (and don't miss it a lick for anyone who is going to tell me It's "a big mistake to shut off for security reasons") and have full admin "priviledges" at all times...

I have Vista 32, FS Camera installed as per readme note, running FS as administrator, in XP mode, FSUIPC V. 3.8 installed, anti virus turned off and still no camera. I'll keep trying. Everything else is great!

Success! Did a lot of searching on the internet and found a simple way to not only enjoy Active Camera, but to get around the problems with FS9 in Vista 64. Do as follows:Find your FS9.exe file, right click, select properties, then compatibility tab, and finally check the box for "disable desktop composition". This temporarily changes your aero theme while you play FS9. That's it, all is great!Curt

Guest Zevious Zoquis

ah yes, that's another thing I do with most games. :)