Sign in to follow this  
blave

Payware with most comprehensive documentation?

I think I am ready to venture into the payware world -- so I am not going to ask which is "best" -- the well known ones DF, PSS, etc all seem to be very good and all have their best and worst points.So - my question is -- which one has the "best" documentation. And what I mean by that is - which one describes the USE of all switches/systems in the most comprehensive way ? which one allows/forces you to use the various systems? After all, after you go through a comprehensive startup procedure , most aircraft systems modelled in the Sim are not touched much at all unless you have to for some reason.Thanks Barry

Guest ha5mvo

try the 747-200 'ready for pushback' - a very nice package which for some reason isn't mentioned that often.It has extensive documentation and a couple of well written tutorials.HOWEVER!!!for a FIRST product IMO it MUST be the 767PIC. Probably the oldest one around but will still score "best" in just about every category.So if I had just one payware product to choose it would have been the 767Pic all the way.just my 0.02c

Guest Henri W

Barry,You might want to take a look at MAAM's B-25J Briefing Time. When you order the CD (delivered to the Netherlands in less than a week), you will get plenty of documentation and movies with an incredible plane. I am using this one and Oleksiy Frolov's freeware Dash 8-Q300. The latter plane is a must have if you like realistic systems and procedures.Best regards,Henrihttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest PhilipManwaring

Bazza,I concur - PIC767 has outstanding documentation that does a great job of not only explaining the package, but introducing you to how airliner systems work together and how to control them. It also has an outstanding FMC with good docs. Philip.

Just in terms of the 'weight' of documentation it probably has to be the Meridian from Flight1. You can also get the Piper's original POH for this aircraft and dive into really deep stuff ...Michael J.

Guest Boone

PSS DASH 8 - Print out all the documentation and you'll get an inch thick binder! Awesome plane as well.PSS - A320/21/19 PROFESSIONAL - The best add on IMHO.Cheers, Boone

... and also download the manual for the Garmin GNS530 - provided at http://www.garmin.com/manuals/1.pdf, and the Meggitt manuals (which I haven't done yet!) for the MAGIC EFIS displays at http://www.magic.aero/manuals.html.This is what I love about the Flight1 Meridian - you need the mfr's manuals to operate all the bits properly 8^) .Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

>PSS DASH 8 - Print out all the documentation and you'll get >an inch thick binder! An inch ? I got at least 3 inches for the Meridian ;-)Michael J.