Sign in to follow this  
xkoote

Erroneous headings in FS

Hello guys,I've been living with this for almost a year now with no cure. I have tried a new magdec.dll and the registry fix by flight1 to as possible fixes but every once in a while it keeps coming back.What I get is erroneous heading with FS9. For example when I stand on a given runway I expect to see runway heading when I line up, but I see some different value. Than after I takeoff every 10 seconds or so it will jump around generally within 90 degrees either side of the correct value. This shows on my e.g. Airbus ND, but when pressing shift Z you see that same problem. So it appears to be that FS9 as a whole is screwed and not the panel.But strangely enough VAFS (VA flight software) shows my correct heading at all times from outside FS it does not budge, so clearly somewhere there must be accurate heading information being taken but it's screwed inside FS but my flight tracking software running outside of FS gets good info.Usually when I detect the problem before I depart, I have to restart my computer and it all goes back to normal.Anyone ever had a problem like this?Cheers,Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi,It's a problem that occurs with some scenery packages.I've experienced it once with a scenery for middle east (I think).Some others in our mailing list reported the same issue after installing the 9Dragons Hong Kong scenery.I would suggest to first disable all add-on scenery (commercial scenery packages should be ok), and enable them one at a time and see which one produces this error.It's time consuming but it's the only solution unless you know which sceneries you installed last so you start from those.Cheers,George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

I had a similar problem and found that some of my AFCADS were 'bad'. Since I have all my afcads in one folder I moved them all out and slowly replaced them back, identifying the culprits.

Check to see if you have gyro drift checked in your aircraft realism settings. I personally only turn it on when in an aircraft with steam gauges. If I fly something with glass, I turn it off. Alternatively, try hitting the D key to see if that corrects the problem.

Thanks guys, I'll check it out. Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777