Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Antialiasing

To D17S and DJT01:First off thanks for the posts - I'm testing....First thing - what do you both have set in nhancer for both the Optimziations and Compatibility tabs? I only read your option settings for the Enhancement tab. Also should it always be Global that is selected at the top right corner of the nhancer screen and not Profile?Second - could each of you let me know what values you have in your FS9.CFG file for the following parameters:UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMITTEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTTextureMaxLoadThanks and I will continue to test.

Guest djt01

>To D17S and DJT01:>>First off thanks for the posts - I'm testing....>>First thing - what do you both have set in nhancer for both>the Optimziations and Compatibility tabs? I only read your>option settings for the Enhancement tab. Also should it>always be Global that is selected at the top right corner of>the nhancer screen and not Profile?>>Second - could each of you let me know what values you have in>your FS9.CFG file for the following parameters:>>UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT>TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT>TextureMaxLoad>>Thanks and I will continue to test.>I

Ok thanks and oh forgot to ask you - in your lovely screenshots - what airport is that in the very first screen shot of your set of awesome pics I might add (again)? :)Thanks again.

Guest djt01

>Ok thanks and oh forgot to ask you - in your lovely>screenshots - what airport is that in the very first screen>shot of your set of awesome pics I might add (again)? :)>>Thanks again.It

Great: I'll look into it.And as before, what are your nhancer settings for all three tabs - not just the first one (Enhancements)?Thanks.

Guest D17S

Here's the drill ("Quote from another post")"Scroll down the profile list until you find the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (or) Microsoft Flight Simulator X profile. Click on it once to highlight it. Once it is highlighted, click the DUPLICATE button. You will get a message, select YES to complete the duplication. What that will do is DEACTIVATE the Nvidia profile and ACTIVATE your new duplicate.b.With the new profile in the list, make sure there is a bullet in PROFILE on the right. Go down the list on the right and select the following:AA:For FSX select SUPERSAMPLING and 8xS (use 8xS Steve)NOTE: Slower cards and systems in FSX, set to MUTISAMPLING and 4X or SUPERSAMPLING and 4xSNOTE: FOR THE BETA VERSION THIS HAS CHANGED... SET AA TO COMBINED 8xSUnder the next box, check GAMMA CORRECTIONDO NOT ENABLE THE SECOND SUPERSAMPLE FEATURE IN THIS AREAUNCHECK "ENHANCED AA" if it is checked by defaultAF: CHECKEDBullet in: 16XVERTICAL SYNC: CHECKED, Bullet in: FORCE ONOPTIMIZATIONS Tab:Texture Filtering CHECKED Bullet in - High QualityTrilinear Opt CHECKED, Bullet in - OffAniso. sample opt. CHECKED, Bullet in - OffNegative LOD BIAS, CHECKED, Bullet in - ClampCheck the next three items but do not change their valuesCOMPATABILITY TAB:Place a CHECK in all header values but only change the following if needed:Force Mip-Maps = NONEConformant Texture Clamp = ONHi Dynamic Range HDR (Enabled)All others should be at their default values.Under the CPU Multicore Support, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CPU YOU USE:FOR WINDOWSXP SET CPU TO SINGLEFOR WINDOWS VISTA SET CPU TO MULTICORE"If still no joy, delete the FS9.exe association and let FS9 use the global settings. The Global/Profile check boxes only select which mode you are setting. The setting remain in effect just as if you set them in Nvidia's control panel . . . because that's where you are setting then. nHancer is just a an (e)nhansed GUI for the regular panel.

Thanks for all this guys - i can see my sim working better already - and lots better (so far) with lots of weather - especially clouds - it would really slow down once a lot of clouds were present.However, now with these changes, it's starting to run a lot better with more 'weather' present.Thanks again and KEEP the help and tweaks coming.Later.Paul.

Guest djt01

>Great: I'll look into it.>>And as before, what are your nhancer settings for all three>tabs - not just the first one (Enhancements)?>>Thanks.pgaudet,The results in the screens above were not obtained from using nHancer but just the Nvidia 175.16

Well I currently run FS9 on a Gateway PIV 2.4 Ghz with 4GB Ram on Windows XP (3.3 GB recognized by XP as not 64 bit operating system) and a nvidia 7600 GS 512MB vid card using video driver version 174.74.160GB internal drive - 300 GB and 500 GB external drives.Yes the machine is a few years old now but still runs FS9 pretty good. I've capped my frames at 26 fps.Have any of you used version 174.74 of the drivers before? and do you think I could get any more fps' from switching to the 175.16 version drivers?Thanks once again.Paul.

Guest djt01

>Have any of you used version 174.74 of the drivers before? >and do you think I could get any more fps' from switching to>the 175.16 version drivers?I update drivers every time there is a new beta at Nzone.com or a WQHL at Nvidia.com, so yes I have used the 174.74

Hi,Excuse the probably dumb question, but I would like to know if you have to keep nHancer (or any of its services) running while FS is running, in order to make the card settings working.Or when you set them by nhancer and then close the application they remain enabled that way?ThanksFrancesco

Just wanted to add that I uninstalled nHancer from my system afterdownloading the latest Nvidia drivers for my 8800GT. The driver settings page allows you to tweak all the settings in the same way nHancer does.In this manner you save reseources (not loading nHancer service, etc)and there is no visible change in performance.Regards

I've been trying this with the latest 175 drivers (5/16 non-beta release) on an 8600 GTX I have and I have and can't get it to work--I still have to use nHancer. Can you tell me where exactly everyone is adjusting these settings to get these great results? In the nVidia Control Panel itself?

Guest D17S

nHancer is just a GUI (Graphical User Interface) for the regular Nvidia control panel. Once a use has setup the desired settings in nHancer it can be completely shutdown, just like a user would close out the regular control panel. The only reason to have it even running in the taskbar is to allow quick re-access to the Nvidia control panel (oops, I mean nHancer). nHancer accesses a couple of Nvidia settings that Nvidia did not make available through its regular Nvidia control panel, but that's the extent of nHancer's functionality. That's it. There are no miracles here, just a bit of fine tuning. For most of us, the regular control panel provides access to the required settings. Get those settings right and using nHancer becomes more of a final-tweak dial-in.

Guest macman4

Chuck, Get rid of nHancer. Go to the Nvidia control panel. Under 3D settings, choose "Manage 3D settings" I choose the settings that djt01 uses.Make sure your in Global settings when you configure, not Program Settings. After your done click apply. Then go to "Adjust image settings with preview". Choose "Quality" on the slider and out of the 3 choices pick "Use my preference emphasizing :Quality" then click apply. Now I have to do this everytime, before I start FS9. Not sure why it dosen't hold the settings, maybe someone could help me with that; LOL. Good luck, Bob