Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Hobby in the Library.

Houston Hobby Airport released earlier today. Two versions, high-res and normal res.Enjoy!Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi Shez,Thanks for the KHOU scenery! Can you tell me why I seem to have ground flicker in the high-res version? It looks to me like it is flickering between the addon's scenery and the default scenery textures or something. I have installed everything correctly, in the addon scenery folder, so I'm not sure why the flicker. Any ideas?Thanks,Tim

Should not do that. You need to check if there is another Texas or Houston scenery addon was already installed.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I know it shouldn't do that. I don't have any other Texas or Houston scenery. Well, I have scenery for KIAH (iah2008.zip at Avsim), so maybe that is a conflict there somehow? I'm not sure what else could possibly be conflicting. I don't have any Texas mesh or anything else that should conflict, and I've checked for duplicate AFCADs and so on, and there are none.Tim

Send me an email with pics.Shez

Shez Ansari

Hi Gang.I'm going to sound stupid here, but I just can't seem to find this scenery anywhere.I have looked under New files, and Hot files for yesterday etc in the library, but still no joy.Can someone please post a link.Many thanks.

Steve,here you go:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=121471 (light version)http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=121470 (high res version)Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Hi Pete.I just saw it on the front page.Thanks for the links though.Time zone difference I think between the forum postings, and it getting to the front page.Stupid question time now, what are the differences between high res and light version. I don't want to sound thick or anything, but just wondered what would be different between the two versions.IE what would be visibly / load bearing different.PS Whats this Airport 2.60 the readme mentions.Thanks for any feed back.

The high-res version has higher detail ground and terminal building textures which will tax your system if it is slow or does not have enough video RAM or system RAM. They are in 1024x1024 size and at 32bit in some cases. The low res is not strictly "low" res but normal resolution with 512x512 and DXT3 textures for better system handling. The low res should still be pretty good.Shez

Shez Ansari

Thanks Shez,But Whats this Airport 2.60 the readme mentions.Thanks.

Just a precaution on some textures that might be needed because some parts of the scenery are made in the program Airport 2.60. If you are seeing everything OK then don't bother.Shez

Shez Ansari

I have the flickering too. I am using the FS9 high res version. I do not have any scenery, mesh, or landclass anywhere in Texas. The only think I have is a few AFCADs in Texas.

>I have the flickering too. I am using the FS9 high res>version. I do not have any scenery, mesh, or landclass>anywhere in Texas. The only think I have is a few AFCADs in>Texas.Hi,I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue. I've send Shez some screenshots of this and other information, and I know he is looking into it to try and figure out what is causing this. Hopefully we will have a fix soon.Tim