Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Hobby in the Library.

So, where can I get these Airport 2.60 textures? Checked KHOU today and I'm seeing some odd problem arounds the gates, squares around the gate markings. Never seen them before, I was wondering if perhaps it's a missing texture or two.

Mike...

So, where can I get these Airport 2.60 textures? Checked KHOU today and I'm seeing some odd problem arounds the gates, squares around the gate markings. Never seen them before, I was wondering if perhaps it's a missing texture or two.
That does not appear to be a Airport texture missing problem. I think reinstall the scenery from scratch.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi Shez, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, still have the problem, see the attached capture.The squares will change as I move, but that's pretty much it.

Mike...

Those are really old textures, "Airport 2.10 Textures" -> 1999. ;-DI've downloaded that package and I've never seen those kinds of extensions. Will they work with FS9?Edit: well, I can open them with DXTBmp, so I guess I need to try.

Mike...

Those are really old textures, "Airport 2.10 Textures" -> 1999. ;-DI've downloaded that package and I've never seen those kinds of extensions. Will they work with FS9?Edit: well, I can open them with DXTBmp, so I guess I need to try.
They work in FS9 just fine.

Okay, just tried, unfortunately it doesn't fix my issue. Weird.:(Thanks though, David.

Mike...

Okay, just tried, unfortunately it doesn't fix my issue. Weird. :( Thanks though, David.
No harm to keep them installed as a few "older" sceneries call for their use.You might also review the other "must have" files in the FS2004 section at the link I listed. For instance the Nova textures are also occasionally used and not all authors will include them in the DL package they create.

I don't really have any older sceneries. I've always had mostly payware, with a few freeware exceptions. I've steered clear of sceneries that needed umpteen texture sets. Lately I've put FS9 on a diet as well. I've mostly removed sceneries that had no custom ground textures and/or that were kinda archaic by today's standards. KHOU certainly doesn't fall in either category, but if I can't fix this, it's gonna go as well.

Mike...

Mike,I am out of home base, let me get back to figure out if it is happening with my set up too. Looks like a flatten issue. Do you have UT installed?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Turning off "ground scenery casts shadows" will fix this, or at least get rid of those dark blocks. It appears to me that they are related to the jetways.Also, if I start on the ramp near the main terminal and slew up, the parking spots disappear one by one (HOUramp*.bmp).This is from testing in a default FS9 with no addons.Hope this helps,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Turning off "ground scenery casts shadows" will fix this, or at least get rid of those dark blocks.
That is it. Still leaves the other squares, although perhaps they should look like that?

Mike...