Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

Baghdad Scenery?

I almost never fly in the Middle East as I spend most ofmy time in Europe or the USA with regional flying in twinsand small commercial jets. However given all the recentpolitical events, thought it might be interesting to knowthat geography better. Can anybody recommend any Baghdadand Basra area scenery? especially any thats accurate?Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Come on guys...any help here? :-)Im sure in the next 2 days or so we'll all be real interestedin this.Eric

Honestly don't think there is much for that area Eric, I don't even recall seeing any landclass for it.Hornit

I flew from Kuwait to baghdad tonight in my Lago Tornado...nicerefueling on the way in and out. Too bad I couldnt blow some stuff up as would be proper with a combat sim. One day a combat sim will combine the air navigation and weather elements of a civil sim with the combat realities. I've been to Tokyo, Shanghai, hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Denver and Amsterdam in the last 16 days. However, Im more worried about going to New York on wednesday than any of those places.Eric

More politically incorrectness! For shame!!Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Not political correctness, just the reaction of a compassionate human being. We could do with a lot more of that.Generally, the Middle East is more bleak in Fs2K2 than it even is in real life. The Landclass scenery pack does however help a lot.Chris HenryVive La France

LYR001, Come on now really! I happen to know Eric enjoys combat simulations. I am pretty sure his commnets were strictly meant to point out the deficiencies of some simulations in getting everything right. I am mature enough to realize that he is not a bloodthirsty warmonger eager to inflict pain and suffering anywhere. He was just wishing his flight simulations could provide the type of modeling and simulation experience he wants all rolled into one package, thats all. I'm kind of tired of the "politically correct" police making such judgements in these and other forums. Get a grip.Hornit

Guest GalacticCowboy

I haven't installed any of it, but I know there are some scenery files for the region. Mainly airport updates and such. Not sure where I saw them, most likely either here or at the "other" site...Hmm... just checked. Both sites have mesh for Iraq/Kuwait area. FS.com also has a couple FS98 airport sceneries.

Correct, my previous statement should make it clear that I am NOT having a go at anybody NOR am I trying to be politically correct.All I am saying is that we as flightsimmers should stick to discussing flightsimming topics and subjects on these forums.It's bad enough that the world stands divided at this moment in time.My thoughts go to the people and their families that will lose their life in this conflict, on ALL sides.This is not necessary, as 9/11 was not necessary. But it's even more unnecessary to simulate those events, even more so before they even take place.Everyone has his likes and dislikes, I for one have never and will never put a hand on a combat sim or any other "piece of software" where the gaim was to win by killing, maiming or destroying somebody else. I just don't like violence, even simulated violence even if it's ONLY a video game.Heck, let me get back into my coocoon and dream of a better world, I know that the one I have dreamed of has died on 9/11.

Guest Ken_Salter

Yes, these forums are not for political discussions.There is no problem for someone asking for scenery of Bagdad. Just leave it at that, no sense in extrapolating this into an electronic "CrossFire" (apologies to CNN).[h3]Ken Salter (aka SaltyDog)[/h3]Fly! Forum Moderator[link:http://www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=5E79C613-0A60-4A3B-BDC1-F9EE49F2D4FE]Join the AVSIM Online Cancer Fight!!

Guest seev_39

Hi Ralph and all,Can't keep anymore from saying my word. The change happened just a few minutes ago when our government told us all, simmers and others, to get the gas masks unpacked and prepare the shelters (which for most families is a room in the appartment with nylon sheet and masking tape over the windows) because this guy over there in Baghdad does not want to comply with UN resolutions.As you can guess I am an Israeli simmer but I fly only commercial a/c no military ones, because I have no interest in combat flying. On the other hand I can understand very well guys like Eric who want to be involved in what the "good guys" are doing. Nothing wrong with that.So my advise to you guys on this forum is to assist Eric in his request, not judge him. What I can do for you Eric is the following;1. Get a good map of Iraq and put some objects where you want them to be. There is an excellent add-on for such purpose. Very simple to use. You will learn it in 10 minutes. It is LAGO's FSSE. The objects include every thing you need to create targets (fuel tanks, aircraft, radar stations, ships, power lines, bridges, etc).2. Once you download the payware (sorry for that) you can see at least one Middle East scenery. Eilat airport (LLET) which I did a few monthes ago. Look there and you will see that we are not an empy spot in the middle of nowhere.Wish you (and the brave guys who will do the job) all bestSeev

Guest Ken_Salter

One more time,Do NOT discuss political et al subjects on these FLIGHT SIMULATION forums. This is not a freedom of speech argument. These forums are meant for Flight Simulation topics only. Discussions on these other topics will INEVITABLY lead into flame wars, eating up precious storage space and bandwidth on what amounts to be nothing.I warn you for your own good.This post is not directed at anyone in particular, btw.[h3]Ken Salter (aka SaltyDog)[/h3]Fly! Forum Moderator[link:http://www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=5E79C613-0A60-4A3B-BDC1-F9EE49F2D4FE]Join the AVSIM Online Cancer Fight!!

Ralph, Im completely aware of what I said...and what I MEANT.Best Regards,Eric

Nope Hornit, I meant it exactly as I said it. Eric