Sign in to follow this  
meccadom

DirectX 9.0c

For some reason, I seem to have lost my sound. I believe one of the DirectX 9.0c components is missing. I have dowloaded the file from the MS site and have attempted to install it with no success. When I run the dxdiag tool it does not report a directX version. Can someone assist with perhaps detailing the removal of any reg keys and getting the install to work? The OS is XP home/SP2. ThanksDom

Does pressing Q in the sim make a difference? That's essentially the mute button. Or is it not just your sim sound?

Mike...

Have you tried the web installer?Do you have onboard sound, a separate card? Have you updated your audio drivers or done a fresh install of the aforementioned? Are your speakers turned on? :(

Mike...

Ah yes, now this happened to me once. I think I ended up reinstalling XP. Probably not what you want to hear... Common problem though, try googling it and you'll find heaps of others have this happen.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU