Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Windh

Help me get rid of the british voice!

Frankly I have never noticed if the ATC voice I use has an accent or not.Have you experimented with the options in Settings / Air Traffic Control?Here you can select one of ten different voices. Perhaps one of them is "accent free".I use number 3.Hope this is helpful.

As a Brit, I can tell you there are only American voices in FS9 and as EditVoicepack "only" assmembles new phrases from the original ones, you are not getting correct pronunciation from there either.Therefore, it must be coming from another add-on you have.

ngxu_banner.png

JohanThink this was on Traffic 2005 but not sure. This was Not a Britishvoice, we don't speak like that, think it was made up by someone whohad never been to Britain, as we have hundreds of regional accentswhich we have trouble understanding at times, and as we are made upof more than one country, there really is no such thing as a Britishvoice. Hope you can get rid of it, cheersE'fox

Yep the British accent comes with Traffic 2005.There where two Brit,one German and one American.Whilst just flight are to be applauded for trying to add some variety to accents spoken by ATC it was unfortunate that they used Ken Livingstone or his brother(Ken Livingstone our esteemed EX London mayor)with that awful nasal twang.Also you couldn't even accelerate these voices with EVP.Check your t2005 settings and also look in sound folder you should be able to delete the offending Brit monstersToodle pipAndy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

You should get SP2, which has Ken Livingstone's brother replaced by Jonathan Ross.

ngxu_banner.png

Guest redtcat2001

Don't you think Boris Johnson would be the replacement for Ken !! (for all the non-UK simmers Boris Johnson has recently replaced Ken Livingstone as Mayor of London).Thing is any Air Traffic CONTROL would go out the window once Boris's mind had wandered off on some less interesting....as usual.To give others the idea of Boris check this out...http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6901161.stmNo political intent implyed....Boris just cracks me up !!Fred CarterATCO EGKR

I have been thinking on this further.For the female pilots, we need Pam Ayres and the male ones, Murray Walker.For ATC, there is only one candidate. The Rev. Ian Paisley. Not only would he brook no contradiction but he would not require a radio when aircraft are below 10,000 feet and are within 50nm.

ngxu_banner.png

>I have been thinking on this further.>>For the female pilots, we need Pam Ayres and the male ones,>Murray Walker.>>For ATC, there is only one candidate. The Rev. Ian Paisley. >Not only would he brook no contradiction but he would not>require a radio when aircraft are below 10,000 feet and are>within 50nm.Much HO HO!:-) Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest kencr

Maybe Loyd Grossman would be a good replacement (he isn't British anyway, just Canadian)

Guest robystar

Hi,How about a french accent in ATC? Like Ren

Guest Fortress

>For ATC, there is only one candidate. The Rev. Ian Paisley. >Not only would he brook no contradiction but he would not>require a radio when aircraft are below 10,000 feet and are>within 50nm.ROFL.. very funny. That would be great!Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/temp/avsim.gifConcorde Training Captainwww.bavirtual.co.uk