Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

AFCAD - Departing Aircraft

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi folks, I thought I used to know the cause of the problem I seem to be having but cannot remember if or how to fix?My EGKK AFCAD seems to allow some aircraft to line up and depart while others just line up and then hold and time out. It is a very random problem and it does not appear consistant with a certain aircraft type (for example 737's sometimes go and then sometimes time out, sometimes a 757 or 747 will get stuck but other times they depart with no problem). Just before aircraft get stuck and time out they appear to do a shuffle on the runway and I believe this is because there are too many nodes on the taxi line (I think??)I have not made any alterations to it since I downloaded and I have tried to download the AFCAD and a different AFACD to see if I can get it to work but get the same problem. Thuis is driving me crazy as my AI take off queue was ridiculous and this was not helping - any large gap in ladning traffic was short lived as after one departure the next aircraft or so would get stuck just making the AI queue longer and longer! Yes I know I should reduce my AI % if I dont want as much traffic but if poss I would like a fix to the problem. Can anyone help me?Thanks!

Hi,Go to the View menu and select Hold Short Limits. The center of the runway must be within the red circle at that hold short node, or you can have this problem.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

You might wish to try AFCAD's built in fault finder utility to look for any broken links that can stall AI. Sometimes taxi nodes that should be common to multiple links on magnification show two nodes that are disconnected instead of one common node. The fault finder should find those for you.To check the viability of the AFCAD design, run EGKK with low AI percentage just to see if you are getting stalls due to heavy density arriving traffic or AI crossing active runways.If the density of arriving traffic is a problem try AI Smooth freeware:http://www.sg-flightware.de/to thin out traffic on final according to your specifications by placing arriving AI on holds.In the libraries here you can find FS9 Configurator by Ken Salter. You can speed up AI taxi speed for FS9 with this so that AI exit runways faster. Just speed it up a little bit.As I recall besides what Tom Gibson stated, putting a normal node very close on each side of the hold short node helps with aircraft stalled there.

If the earlier answers didn't solve it, you might need to pay attention to which AI aircraft has copied taxi clearance and which didn't before enterung the runway.At crowded airports some aircraft start taxiing after getting their taxi clearance but due to the heavy radio traffic they don't get a chance to copy that (MS allows for AI to start taxiing without copying first). It even gets harder when Control is also making aircraft wait for others. There is no way they will get through.When entering the runway, they do not ask for TO clearance since they still have to copy taxi clearance. MS does not make sure that who got on the radio first, gets an answer first. So by the time they gave reached the runway they are way down the list. Only a long silence on the radio, will get them to copy and ask for TO clearance.There is no real solution. try to make your traffic flow on the airfield as smooth as possible. But other than that, you cannot prevent, I think.Hope it helps!Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5