Sign in to follow this  
huntr

Crash to desktop just north of Kempten - KPT - VOR in southern Germany

I have a problem which I hope someone can help me with I have a repeated (100%)and predictable CTD just north of the Kempten VOR - KPT - in southern Germany. As all of you who fly Europe know this is a key VOR for routes from NW Europe to the Balkans, Greece, Turkey, the middle east and Egypt etcI have not been able to solve the problem despite ALL the usual approaches - including those recommended on the various forums I am running FS9 and have ultimate terrain Europe installed - and updated and I had to manually install some files which the update asked for.I also have Ground Environment Pro, Landscape Germany files and also the Alps meshAs for nearby airports, I have Zurich, Stuttgart, Innsbruck and Salzburg installedI have tried uninstalling each separately and all together but the same CTD occurs irrespective I am wondering if there is a file missing / removed or replaced. Do myou have any advice from your knowledge of FS9 scenery, is a reinstall the only solution or is it possible to identify the original files for this location which I could probably define quite closely with the geographic co-ordinates I would very much appreciate any advice you might have

There is Hope! But it is a tedious process. Using the eliminate one half and then another one half until we get to the problem. I have done this twice in the past to find and fix CTD's. I would try with the addon airports first. That has been my solution in the past. When you get to the one that is causing the problem, re-enable it and work with diasableing the individual .bgl files until you find the offending bugger. In my experience I have never seen a file that is causing problems to make a difference int the final result. If it isn't the Airports then move into the other addons one at a time. I use Ultimate Terrain USA and Ground Enviroment and have never had any problem with either.Good Luck, Bill :-halo

I don't know if you stilll have the problem. But I did!Are you using My Traffic 2006 for FS9? The you have to change one afcad that this add-on installs.Go to FS9main map(wherever you have installed it)>addon scenery>MyWorldAirports>scenery.Look for the file AF2_ETSM.bgl and disable it by changing the extension xxx.bgl into xxx.OFF or xxx.BAKUP or so.Apparently it is a corrupt file or interfering with FS9.1Tompie

I have a problem which I hope someone can help me with I have a repeated (100%)and predictable CTD just north of the Kempten VOR - KPT - in southern Germany. As all of you who fly Europe know this is a key VOR for routes from NW Europe to the Balkans, Greece, Turkey, the middle east and Egypt etcI have not been able to solve the problem despite ALL the usual approaches - including those recommended on the various forums I am running FS9 and have ultimate terrain Europe installed - and updated and I had to manually install some files which the update asked for.I also have Ground Environment Pro, Landscape Germany files and also the Alps meshAs for nearby airports, I have Zurich, Stuttgart, Innsbruck and Salzburg installedI have tried uninstalling each separately and all together but the same CTD occurs irrespective I am wondering if there is a file missing / removed or replaced. Do myou have any advice from your knowledge of FS9 scenery, is a reinstall the only solution or is it possible to identify the original files for this location which I could probably define quite closely with the geographic co-ordinates I would very much appreciate any advice you might have
It would help to could identify the cause of the software crash before diving in:http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/faultfi...php#IdentifyingJohn

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

I had a problem flying near Germany once, in exactly the same spot. Turned out if i changed the season, CTD disappeared so obviously had something to do with the CTD seasons textures.Worth a try.

I had a problem flying near Germany once, in exactly the same spot. Turned out if i changed the season, CTD disappeared so obviously had something to do with the CTD seasons textures.Worth a try.
I also used to get a predictable CTD flying into Frankfurt Germany.The solution for me anyway was the installation of SP1(Good Heavens! old SP1 simming dark ages )one of SP1s fixes was I believe this seasonal change thingy.Anyway that was years ago but no CTD over the Rhine or near it (that was where it always happened)since.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077