Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Two versions of FS9?

Now don't laugh too loud. I did a little searching and did not find the answer to this question although I am sure I saw a posting awhile back about it. I want to have two versions of FS9 on my PC. I have almost 1TB of disk space on two physical disks. Can I put another FS9 on?The version I have been using since the Christmas holidays is running well and is tweaked to my liking but I want another version to play with by trying out addons to see the difference without clouding up the issue with previous addons, etc. A benchmark version so to speak. I think I already know the answer but there is a slight chance I could be wrong...Thanks in advance,DolphEDIT: I found the answer. It is yes. However, there are few tricks to it. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=176&mode=full

I have 3 versions :) one is a monthly back up and the other I use to test new addons. They will all use the same FS9.cfg so make sure you back it up.Rob

Rob Prest

You can also use an imaging program on a second drive. Whenever you want to run the second copy, just make that drive the primary. You can even have separate FS9.cfg files that way, if you want. Just be careful you don't overwrite the good FS9.cfg file with a bad one, if you re-image frequently.)