Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Digital Aviation Fokker 100 release imminent

This is one add-on I'm definitely looking forward to get - the Fokker 100 from Digital Aviation. They have already released the high quality aircrafts DO-27 and PA-31 and it seems as if the Fokker 10 was sent to Flight 1 for packaging the other day! I also placed an order for the Fokker 100 DVD from ITVV so I definitely know what my brain cell will be occupied with soon. It will be a nice break from the systems logic of all the excellent Boeing birds we have available and will hopefully soon be followed by the PMDG MD11. The Russian birds are too much for my poor cell...

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

The Fokker does look nice but last I heard it will have no VC. Also, although it's produced by DA it is not the same guy that did the D0-27, DA-20 or the PA-31.

Guest monsoon

No VC for now. It will be added on later. This project has been in the making for 3 years. I am sure it will be good. Supposedly a VERY simulated aircraft. Looking forward to it.

People should make themselves exactly what is available in the FSX and the FS9 versions.I'm sure there was an indication some while ago that they might not be the same but I can't find the post on the DA forum now.As the DA Cheyenne is my No 1 aircraft on the basis of its brilliant VC, I'd be very keen to buy for FS9.However, I shall wait until the VC is available before I do.

ngxu_banner.png

Agreed, it looks great. But I too will wait for the VC version.

And I wonder if it's going to be AIRACable?Read somewhere in their forum it gets 0607 navdata as default.Does anyone know anything on that?Best regards,Rafal

Hello"No VC for now. It will be added on later"Now when was the last time i fell for that one.

>And I wonder if it's going to be AIRACable?>Read somewhere in their forum it gets 0607 navdata as>default.>Does anyone know anything on that?>>Best regards,>RafalIt will use the Cheyenne's AIRAC which is updated with every other cycle . But developer did not give an exact statement about the terminal procedures, and the FMS manual is still not available..I'll give it a try unless it's overpriced like 40 Euros or something..Bozhan

The difference this time is it's apparently going to be priced with the lack of VC in mind, then when the VC is ready it'll be an optional upgrade at a further cost. It seems more honest than a certain other addons vague promises...

Everything is of course relative, but to me 40 euros is definitely not overpriced if it actually delivers what it seems to deliver. The actual cost per used hours over a year won't be many cents for me judging by the manual (or rather tutorial 4 which is downloadable from their site).I'm still hanging on to FS9 partly due to the amount of add-ons I have for the sim, but once I make the transition to FSX (have it but uninstalled it) I will certainly be more restrictive with how many add-ons I purchase. I probably have 20-30 bought airplanes that have a permanent place in the hangar - not because they are bad add-ons but simply because I should focus on learning a few well, than just touching the surface of many.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

If there is No VC it will be no better than the freeware offering by 'Project Fokker'.What a let-down :-(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave, you've obviously not bothered to look at the information in the DA forums, let alone used both products in order to be able to make an informed statement!Paul

Cheers

Paul Golding

Guest mikealpha

I had the pleasure to write an extensive preview about the DA Fokkers for a German flight sim magazine. With a lot of system depth, accuracy, excellent AP and the overall concept (with virtual copilot, crew module, etc.) the F70/100 spread out a professional atmosphere I haven't found in any other Addon yet. Of course, if enjoying this now in a 2D panel or later in a VC is up to everyone. But generally - if you are really into Airliner simulation, then run, don't walk to try it !Mike

For anyone interested, it's available for download over at flight1.com now...

I'd love to buy it since I know it'll be great, but I just don't have any time to sim at all now. Oh well, have fun guys. :-(

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired