Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Digital Aviation Fokker 100 release imminent

>I'd love to buy it since I know it'll be great, but I just>don't have any time to sim at all now. Oh well, have fun>guys. :-(Well this IS bad news Chris!What's going to happen now to Portland scenery now that your not around? lol

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave, I love your bug! LOL! First I wondered what my daughter was chasing on the 47" LCD TV that I use as a monitor and then I told her not to eat it! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Dave,that was a bit harsh... I bought the bird and it's right up there with the best of them. I regularly fly PMDG, Level-D, RFP-B742 and a few other aircraft and this DA Fokker 70/100 is at least as good as the ones I mentioned - if not better. No VC? Well, I love VCs, but on the other hand, I love complex and high fidelity Aircraft even more. A fantastic add-on, I can only recommend it. And no, I have no connection to DA whatsoever. Regards,Jure

>Dave, >I love your bug! LOL! First I wondered what my daughter was>chasing on the 47" LCD TV that I use as a monitor and then I>told her not to eat it! :DYes, glad you like it, the bug is one of the relations of David Roch's bug, the Moderator on Avsim. He made me promise to keep it well fed ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest davidvoogd

Other companies have burned people on VC promises but Digital Aviation is one of the most professional devs in the business so I'd be shocked if they didn't follow through on that.personally I prefer the lighter system load, higher refresh rates and ease of use of a 2d panel anyways. I'm glad to see they do include 2D sideviews as well.

Speaking of ease of use, there are no keyboard key assignments/shortcuts for panel functions, not even for the MCDU!! I found that quite disappointing. I mean, come on, these kind of stuff were available with the add-ons back in FS2000.. And there are some other quirks too, but I won't bother. It seems they too felt some kind of commercial pressure and rushed the release.. I'm sorry but no down payments for unfinished projects here, so this one is going back to flight 1 until they finish their business with that little fokker. Bozhan

Hey Bozhan,With all due respect, I think if you're going to say that the product has issues and you are returning it, then you should at least enumerate what those issues are. I did purchase this day 1, because I got caught up in the hype....something I typically don't do. On the whole I'd say that it delivers as advertised, although I have not tried the multi-crew function. Here are some items that will really make this product fantastic:1. Virtual Cockpit - any company other than Digital Aviation, PMDG, or Level-D, and I'd never believe it's coming. The previews look very good on there site.2. Non-metric weights - I realize that currently no US operators use this aircraft, but American Airlines used to. I would appreciate a version that I didn't have to do metric->imperial and vice-versa conversions.3. Keyboard entry for mcdu which has already been mentioned by the devs as part of a future release.ThanksJeff HepburnKDEN

It has some issues, like NAV mode not following the lateral path and occasional CTD errors when doing complicated approaches. I'm not sure if it's my system or the bird's FMC, but I've some other add-on's - which I don't want to name in this topic - but much more complicated as they are and running pretty steady here. My main reason of returning is not being able to use the keyboard shortcuts and I just don't want to wait all the time for a soon-to-come update. Well, lesson learned again; do not assume anything, wait for some reviews and most importantly, buying "boxed" is the best, as the things usually "grown up" by then. Anyway, for me it's better to stay off rather than feeling frustrated while waiting an update. When they get it as the way I want it, I'll consider buying again.Bozhan

Guest davidvoogd

So could anyone comment on the addon (asside from Keyboard shortcuts which is a non issue for me anyways)?How's the panel, easy to find your way around it, graphics quality, how are the sounds, external model, how many paints come with it?

I can't remember how many paints, but quite a few and there are already user ones for download.The panel is very well done, both graphically and systems-wise. It's different from a Boeing, so it takes a little adjustment, but the click spots are well designed and logically laid out to navigate around. The external model is very good IMO, with some nice touches like a cargo hold whose contents change with the loading configuration. Sounds are good, and I think I noticed the change in sound with changing bleed pressure from the engines at different thrust levels even.I'd recommend it, especially as the communication and commitmment from the developers on their forum seems great so far.

Hi.Does F1 support PayPal do you know, or are they credit card only.Thanks.

Yes your right, I bought it about an hour ago. You can now use Pay-Pal.I must admit though, and I know it's not going to be a very popular comment to make, but, I am not that "amazed" by this.In fact, I think it just goes to show what a nice job the guy's over at Project Fokker have done over the last couple of years.Don't get me wrong, this a/c is Very systems heavy, if you know what I mean, and if you don't switch everything on in the right order then you're not going anywhere fast. I suspect that this is about as close to the real thing we can get in FS regarding their system modelling.But with that being said and as nice as it is, I think I could have saved myself the

Yes your right, I bought it about an hour ago. You can now use Pay-Pal.I must admit though, and I know it's not going to be a very popular comment to make, but, I am not that "amazed" by this.In fact, I think it just goes to show what a nice job the guy's over at Project Fokker have done over the last couple of years.Don't get me wrong, this a/c is Very systems heavy, if you know what I mean, and if you don't switch everything on in the right order then you're not going anywhere fast. I suspect that this is about as close to the real thing we can get in FS regarding their system modelling.But with that being said and as nice as it is, I think I could have saved myself the