Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Windows XP Service Pack 3 effecs on FS9?

I just got a alert that Microsoft now has a Windows XP Service Pack 3. Has anyone installed it yet? What affects (good or bad) does this service pack have on FS9 (if any)?

Joseph,I have had no ill effects after installing SP3 and have done a few flights since and all is fine.Frankly, I have seen no visual improvement at all within FS but then I wasnt expecting anything with regards to this. As far as I am aware the SP3 has all the previous updates plus a few extras but I am unsure what these are..Keith

You might want to check this out. That's about the only difference I've seen in the sim. :D

Mike...

I too had no ill effects from XP SP3.I did get italic fonts in the default GPS but the forum here has a fix for that. Something minor really....

Installed it last night, nothing different that I noticed. I didn't see the italics thing, but I probably will have to fix this. SP3 is mostly just fixes rolled up since SP2, which everyone should have anyway. It really shouldn't cause any problems or make any improvements either.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Thanks. I haven't had time to download and install it yet (probably do it tonight or tomorrow) and was just curious if there was any effects on FS9.

I have SP3 and have had no problems. I checked for the "italic font" issue reported by the OP and do not have that issue on my system.Yet. :-hah

It seems there *is* a problem with SP3 if you have Media Center. All my machines running normal XP was fine, but the MCE recording software (on the XP Media Centre machine) went fruit loops. I tried all workarounds, but eventually used system restore to a time pre-SP3.So just be careful if you are running Media Centre.:-waveSubs