Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bill_M

A Question About Default Aircraft

Guest Bill_M

This may be a dumb question (and if you believe there are no dumb questions watch a video of the news hawks at one of Rumsfeld's briefings during the early phase of the Iraq invasion) but I'm gonna ask it anyhow. Here goes.How would one go about turning OFF the registration number on a model that is configured to do so? Until yesterday I had never assayed to repaint one of the default models. All was well until I brought the new livery up in FS9. Lo and behold there, behind the reg # I put in the fuselage texture, was the reg # in white in smaller letters.How can I get that built in reg # to go away? CAN I get the built in reg # to go away?Crossing fingers, toes and eyes,Bionic Bill

Guest Albatross7107

Um, easier and less invasive, uncheck "Show Tail number".Of course that won't change anything for those that might download your livery, but neither would altering the model since your not supposed to redistro it...

As suggested, just uncheck the "show tail number".That is done on your select aircraft screen - there is a box labeled ATC name and a "change" button. On the dialogue which will then display is the option to display or not display the tail number.You can also change several other parameters from this dialogue.Hope this helps.

Guest Bill_M

Albatross, I just went through the FS2004 SDK and could not find anything about "Show Tail number" anywhere. Do you know where to find that parameter?TIABionic Bill