Sign in to follow this  
Guest fourthtime

new zbaa terminal scenery

Guest fourthtime

I just downloaded a great scenery for beijing which includes the new terminal. It looks great except there are little trees all over the jetways, ramps, and runways. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. It's a great scenery but the planes parking on top of trees kind of wrecks it. I took out all the textures that mentions trees but it didn't work. I don't want to mess around too much with it so can anyone offer advice, thank you

Assuming you are speaking of the file named zbaa2008.zip by Aaron Seymour, it sounds like you did not follow all of the install instructions.There are exclude and flatten statements which must be added to a specific scenery.cfg file entry.The exclude should remove the wayward trees etc.Hope this helps.

Guest fourthtime

I did copy that file. It is listed with the read me file. The weird thing is that it is a scenery entry for st maarten and not for beijing. Could that be the problem or is it me? Is there another file I should copy or is there only one? Other than that it is a great scenery. Thanks for your help

Guest joe308

I don't have the files in front of me but if u look carefully at the exclude/flat entry that was provided with the original package u'll discover that the position is correct for the ZBAA area regardless of what the Title and Local lines read. Simply load ur scenery up and then copy the last two lines only of the exclude/flat file to the bottom of ur scenery cfg entry for the newly installed ZBAA scenery. Presto the untidy tarmac will be tidy again!JoeT

The flatten and exclude statements can be added to ANY active scenery entry.If there is one for Bejing, I would add them to that one. If you ever delete the entry you will also be deleting the statements and that will help keep your scenery.cfg file "clean".

I would recommend creating a new scenery area by creating ZBAA Beijing---scenery---texturecopying all files into the appropriate subfolder (put the readme and .jpgs in the parent) and activating the scenery area using the scenery library. You must restart FS9 after using the scenery library to update the scenery.cfg file. Then hand-edit the scenery.cfg file entry for ZBAA Beijing to add the indicated excludes and flatten.A tool like FS Manager (with date fix) makes this a snap.scott s..

I certainly agree with Scott.Dumping files into your addon scenery/scenery and texture folders (as I believe the author of the Beijing Airport recommended) is, in my opinion, a less than desireable way to install any scenery.That folder soon gets clogged with files and you have no idea what scenery the belong to.Creating a scenery entry as Scott suggests may take a few more minutes but will pay dividends in the long run.Be sure you add those exclude and flatten statements to the entry in your scenery.cfg file after it has been recorded by restarting FS2004. After adding the statements you will need to restart FS2004 again. (The whole process will require two restarts)

Guest fourthtime

Thank you all, I will try your suggestions. So I just add the "numbers" to my beijing scenery entry into the cfg file? what if I don't have a zbaa scenery entry because that is what I have or rather don't have. Do I change the St Maarten entry because I copied that entry directly from the read me file and I have that entry. This is getting confusing. I know what you mean about moving files into the add on scenery folders, I have so many files that I have no idea what they go to or if I even need them.

I believe you may have misunderstood the directions for installation.You were NOT to copy the entire St.Maarten scenery entry - only the last two lines (the Exclude and Flatten lines) and paste them into ANY scenery entry which is below the entry for Addon scenery.The St. Maarten was only an example.If you copied the entire example, it would not work and could likely cause other problems.Double check your scenery.cfg file and see if you have two St. Maarten Aerial Photo entries. There should only be ONE and it should be near the top of the list. (Probably number 32 or 33)Paste the two statements into that one - using his example as a guide.If I did that on my setup it would look like this:[Area.033]Title=St. Maarten Aerial PhotoLayer=33Active=TRUERequired=FALSELocal=SceneryCitiesStmaartenRemote=Exclude=N40 5.27,E116 35.87,N40 3.36,E116 37.29,objectsFlatten.0=115,N40 5.12,E116 35.89,N40 5.12,E116 37.21,N40 3.18,E116 37.21,N40 3.18,E116 35.89It should work properly then.It is unfortunate the author did not use a more conventional method of creating and adding a separate scenery entry - but since you have already put a number of bgl's into your addon scenery/scenery subfolder and textures into the addon scenery/texture subfolder, it really is better to keep them there and try to make it all work as described above.Keep us posted.

Guest fourthtime

Thank you guys. It seemed to work. What a strange way to have a scenery but I guess that's the way it is. Another thing I noticed is that some parts don't have any textures specifically the roof of the new terminal and a few small buildings but I can live with it. Thanks again

I just installed it to check it out and I see no missing textures anywhere.I have all of the libraries installed (independently) which the author mentioned in his documentation so I am guessing that if you are missing a few textures it is because he failed to include them in the upload.If you are absolutely sure you placed ALL of the bmps (40 of them) into your texture folder, then why not drop the author an e-mail with your concerns and include a few screenshots so he can see exactly what you beleive to be missing?