Sign in to follow this  
Guest MTN311

Missing textures at CDG - LFPG ?!

Guest MTN311

I recently installed FS France Real CDG v3.1 and after adding it to the Scenery.cfg started up FS and re-located from KSEA (or so I thought) to Paris, Charles de Gaulle, LFPG. I immediately noticed, that it took longer then normal after FS went through its motions building new data base files etc. to load the LFPG scenery. After approx. 5 minutes I finally ended up at the cargo ramp at CDG.Since I re-located from KSEA during the day I ended up in Paris at night the following morning, I switched to spot plane view and immediately noticed that some of the buildings as well as the aircraft textures (default C172) where missing/not rendered properly (white). I closed out FS and restarted. Again I re-located from default start up at rwy 34R at KSEA in the default C172 to Paris CDG, again the same texture problem as before and for some added entertainment FS just started to do nothing after I switched from "Time of Day" night to day ! FS never CTD'd it just sat idle using 50% CPU and never moved the progress bar one inch !!So I reinstalled all the FS France files and tried it again except this time I started to re-locate from KSEA at night ending up in Paris in the morning (day light) AND again it seems as if some of the texture files are missing.Back to square one, uninstall FS France scenery back to default. SAME result not rendered textures and/or complete hang up when I try to switch from night to day.I even went back to grab the original photo textures and the scenery.bgl for Paris from the FS9 Disk 4 and replaced everything in the Paris Aerial Photo folder, unfortunately still with the same end result.As far as I can tell right now this is the only area in the FS world that I am having problem with.Additional note: ALL of the immediately surrounding airports are affected by the same problem.FS is running glitch free for over 2 years on my system, ANY thoughts/ideas or information regarding this problem and how to fix or work around it at LFPG or other airports with default sceneries are greatly appreciated.

Can't help you with your specific problem but a word of advice:If I read your post correctly, your first sentence seems to indicate you manually added the scenery in question to your scenery.cfg file.If true, that is dangerous at best. It is far too easy to end up with incorrect layer numbers which can potentially cause a host of problems.I believe it is always wiser to activate (add) new scenery by means of the Scenery Library dialogue accessed when FS2004 is running.

Have you tried a System Restore - going back to several days prior to the installation of the problematic scenery?That just might get you back on track.

Guest MTN311

Thanks for the response, to clarify things: The scenery was not manually added to the scenery.cfg but rather through the "Scenery Library" menu option from within FS.And no I did not try a system restore since it is completely disabled on my system because in most cases it causes more problems then it actually resolves.

That is unfortunate - as a System Restore (which can easily be undone) has been a life saver for many simmers.