Sign in to follow this  
thefrog

737 with the most realistic vc?

I'd really like to get into flying a complex airliner in FS2004 like the Boeing 737 but I want to get the one with the best vc, not just in terms of functionality, but a vc that makes you feel you are really in the cockpit. I have looked at reviews and screenshots of some of them but, without actually buying them all, it's difficult to make a judgement! I'd really appreciate opinions from owners of these planes please.ThanksFrog

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

The only one I can think of being worthy would be the PMDG 737NG, However in order to get a clickable overhead in vc mode is by purchasing the 600-700 and also the 800-900 models. The 600-700 model alone doesnt come with a very functinal VC but the 800-900 model does, And I beleive in order to use the 800-900 models you must have installed the 600-700 one, so it can get quite pricy.Having said that the PMDG 737 is a great complex airliner(agaiun only if you purchase the 800-900). If you only plan on purchasing the 600-700 I would vote against it as In my opinion, I never really cared much for the airliner until I purchased the 800-900 model, Then it was a fun bird to fly.P.S when you purchase the 800-900 your 600-700 VC will become functional with a small download from the PMDG website( I hope I didnt confuse you )

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest retard_retard_retard

for me the 737 with a VC that makes me feel like im really there more than any other is the feelthere/wilco 737-300/400/500. Its got much nicer textures and looks much better proportioned that the PMDG one. It does however seem to use a lot more of you system resources that th PMDG and also the last time i used it under vista it didnt seem to work but im sure this will have been patched by now. As much as i do like the way the Feelthere/Wilco 737 looks, i find myself using the PMDG more as it's just been so reliable over the years and looking at your system specs i would seriously consider going for the pmdg as it will run a lot better for you.Check out youtube for some cockpit videos of each plane as this may give you a better impression of how the VC's look.Asus Striker Extreme 680i SLICore2Duo E6600 OC'd - 3.2GhzCorsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2 Nvidia 8800GTS x2 SLI OC'd - 651/1051Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10000RPM Seagate 500GB WD 7200RPM RAID 0CoolIT Freezone Elite TEC/Chiller CPU Cooling Unit2 Samsung SM226BW 22" DualviewWindows Vista Ultimate 32bitBig Visa bill

Guest c210_cvs

The best VC will be the one from Ariane but sadly it's also the VC that runs the worst of them all. I mean the gauges is updating once a second or so! It's horrendous.Both the PMDG and Feelthere 737's are great aircraft.The best VC with performance to boost will be from the PMDG 744.

You guys are all forgetting Moach's freeware 737 Experience, which has a terrific dynamic VC. The VC was imported into a couple of the Posky models also, although you might need to search a little to find them now.You don't need the PMDG 600-700 to use the 800-900 - I have the latter but not the former, and it works fine independently.;)

Oooppss sorry my bad, I thought for sure you needed the 600-700 in order to use the 800-900. sorry about that.In that case I would go ahead and just go with the 800-900 series, unless your dead set on flying a 737 a little smaller.EDIT: Now im confused, I just went on pimgees site and there 800-900 says that the 737NG must be purchased and installed to use the 800-900 http://precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/prod/fs9/738.htmlLook right at the bottom of the page under installation requirements.Just trying to see if they have some false advertissment or is there something you know that I dont know?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest pbn

The 800/900 (boxed) sold by Aerosoft doesn't need the 600/700. I think this option is availible in EU countries only, but not sure. I bought it in an EB Games store, the publisher was AS.CheersPeter

Oh ic , Thanks for clearing that up.