Sign in to follow this  
Forever777

IMAGINESIM KATL RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shez,Seems like ages since I last talked with you when I was with ZLA. Anyway, how do the frames look on this? Reason I ask is the FR's with your KONT stuff brings my system down pretty good...just wondering..thanks and take care.

Eric 

This scenery will be optimized to maximize frames.As it stands right now everything is ultra smooth - but we still have to place a fair amount of textures and various objects (mainly small - but then we have the jetways). I also hope to include the stadiums (Citizen's bank park & Lincoln Financial Field & Wachovia Center <- all bank sponsored...)since they standout on any approach from the east. There's also a new skyscaper that has changed the Philly skyline that needs to be added.Cheers,Ian

>>Mike>Why for an FS9 airport, would they decide to pirate your FSX>package? Why not pirate your FS9 package instead?! ;-D>>In all seriousness, I am interested in how you got all five>runways to accept arrivals in your FSX files. Am I correct in>assuming this is not the case with the FS9 files? If not,>would it even be possible to do the same in FS9? And are you>at all willing to update your FS9 work with that crucial code.>For users of any KATL.>I ask Imagesim the same question. Why was the lines extracted from my FSX KATL and not my FS2004 KATL. No Answer.Parallel runway usage is in another post of mine further down this thread

Man, it is awesome to have guys like you still keeping FS9 flying!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!Now, after KPHL can we just lose the K and add and N between the H and the LKPHL-K PHLPHL = PH+LPH+N+L= PHNL You will have to forgive me I failed math but I think that is right ;)Thanks for everything guys,-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

MikeContinuing your request about any FS2004 KATL runway usage At about the same time FSX was released I discovered a partial code that existed in FS2004 that opened all 5 parallel runways at KATL. In my testing I realized this partial code worked with any set of parallels including EHAM, KLAX, KMCO, KIAH or any runway set where you have 3 or more runways parallel to each other. If you have followed my history of discovery's over the years each new technique I introduced would always push me toward the next discovery. After I released my 'How to Crosswind a set of Runways' (Feb 2004) I went after the visual curved approach code used for my EHAM, LOWI, PHNL, Kai Tak IGS 13, Holgers Glacier Bay v2, etc. That lead me to a discovery that I have partially implemented for Holgers Glacier Bay Juneau (PAJN) scenery which forces AI Planes to fly STAR arrivals once inside the 108NM visual zone of a airport regardless of their visual spawning entrance point. In the mean time I did not like the way AI/User Planes approached EHAM. In both the default FS9 and FSX EHAM Transition Approach code it is destorted and needed rewriten. In fixing those problems in FSX I discovered a unknown Score code embedded in both FS9 and FSX. With the help of another programmer he found the Score system is based on a math formula of high and low value numbers, example Score = 0If runway length > 70% of longest runway at airport -> Score += 50Score += tailwind or headwind (tailwind < 0 and headwind > 0)If (unknown 'runway group' flag) Score += 10Score -= crosswindIf (runway landing==yes) -> Score += 100If (runway takeoff==yes) -> Score += 100Armed now with a better understanding of how FS9/FSX selects runways for departure and arrival it was just a matter of time for me to unlock a code that allows certain planes to use different runways. That lead me to opening a new unknown in my code which allows all parallel runways to be active at all times.Mike, In answer to your previous questions from one of the above post, yes FS2004 does allow for all parallel runway operations plus other newly discovered features. My FS2004 KATL does not have that code, only my FSX. Keep reading please.All my discovery's since FS2004 are being sent to ACES. None made it into FSX but then FSX was not about updating the Airport nonvisual scenery but concentrating on the world visual scenery.For those reading this thread I said all this for a reason. I have several options outside of what Imagesim has done. My concern is for the User/Buyer of Airport Scenery and not the Seller. The ideal would be the Designers of Airports stay with just the Airport visual Scenery and let others with the knowledge work up the nonvisual scenery. That way the User gets all the correct visual and the working part of the airport is done correctly. This is what some highend Payware and Freeware already do such as Martin over at FlyTampa, Shez with his Freeware Airports, MileHighProductions 9Dragons - Kai Tak Airport and Tom with his 1963 Kai Tak version. Even Cloud9's FS2004 EHAM forum started pointing their buyers to a AVSIM download that I developed to fix all their runway problems. I did not do that for Cloud9 but did it for the User/Buyer of their airport. You the User see the end results when a airport scenery designer concentrates his efforts on the scenery and then uses others like Reggie Fields or myself to make the airport work correctly.Am I upset with ImageSim? Yes.Will I get over it? Yes.Do I plan to pursue the hack problem any futher? No.Do I have a plan that will address the User/Buyer's concern of ImageSim's FS2004 KATL? Yes.I will recommend anyone interested in purchasing KATL from Imagesim to do it. I am not out to stop any purchase of KATL but to fix any wrong I feel they have done (with or without their approval) which inpacts the Buyer.Stay tuned to this thread in the next couple of days @edetroitLPMA Rwy 05 approach for AI is alive and well for both FS2004 and FSX. I did not forget your request. Some final testing is in the works and then a release here at AVSIM is forthcoming.

I really think the Lago PHNL, coupled with the old Melichar neighbor island sceneries meet the requirements in FS2004. If some one wants to do Hawaii, do it for FSX IMHO. There is also Jim's approach code rework available for PHNL.scott s..

Thankyou Jim , you are one of flightsim's legends in my book. :-beerchug.

Yeah but Lago will never get AES in 2004. Call me selfish but I want to see PHNL with AES :)-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Jim,Thanks for taking the time to type all that out. Truly interesting and I'm staying tuned. Perhaps the most fascinating is what FS9/FSX is actually capable of. I know many of us do a fair bit of complaining about Microsoft and its 'unwillingness' to improve ATC and AI management, but it seems we haven't even gotten the most out of the current system yet or you wouldn't be able to continue to take it a step further.Unfortunately, MS itself documents very little of this and/or some things just turn out this way and weren't planned as such, such as your star technique for example. I was doing some searches on FSDeveloper.com today and stumbled upon this thread about taxiway segmentation. I have seen hints on the matter here and there, but never such a clear explanation. With that knowledge some incidents in the sim make sense now. Aircraft being told to hold with nothing else in sight. Makes me want to revisit all my Afcads and introduce segementation or at least restore it. Will make a suggestion to that extent to the designer of AFX as well, ideally it should be possible to add an additional designator of the same name.We're all still learning. ;-)

Mike...

Mike>>I was doing some searches on FSDeveloper.com >today and stumbled upon this thread about >taxiway segmentation. I have seen hints on >the matter here and there, but never such >a clear explanation.>We have ADE segmenting the taxiways as many as the designer wishes to use. Our goal for ADE is to take all of Lee's AFCAD future plans and dreams plus more and make it a reality for FSX. You have to be a little careful with AFX because when you open a stock airport it combines all the segments into one letter immediately (if memory serves me right) so a save causes the segments to be lost.The files I am writing will have all KATL default segments (will release soon) that I am designing which ImageSim deleted for whatever reason.I have replaced the code Imagesim took from my FSX. What everyone has right now is a scambled set of XML code lines due to the decompiler that was used to get at my code and the scramble that occured with some of the Terminal_Waypoints resetting as a hex code value (Scott knows about that type issue). Thank goodness for the fact we can fingerprint our work plus the decompilers leave fingerprints once a bgl is decompiled and compiled back. My original Approach code is 7,900 lines of XML but decompilers work differently and the one used (which I have identified) eliminated 3,000 lines of my original Approach data. You see this issue in the GPS receiver where some Transitions don't draw and some have more then a 90 degree turn arrival angle.In the mean time I also added all the code needed to open all the runways. The following picture is the Southside of the airport looking east with RWY 10/28 just out of sight on the right side.I left the AI tags on so everyone can see we now have a B717 on approach for RWY 28. A B767 and a MD83 is on final for RWY 27L. Another MD83 is on final for RWY 26L and 2 B717's are on final for 26R..http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3057/at2gl0.jpg[/img][/url].I moved over to the Northside of the Airport so the MD83 and the 2 B717's can be seen on final for 2 different runways. Also a B757 just departed RWY 26L..http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/82/at1eo3.jpg[/img][/url].When my work is done I will upload to AVSIM as a 3rd party enhancement to ImageSims KATL airport that makes the airport work more fluently. In this way I have not tampered with anything they have released but as a 3rd party addon I fix all my code. When my files are added they will take priority over what has already been done and load before anything else so ImageSim stays intact without me pirating any of their work.

TY Jim! Can one of us at least buy you a copy as a thank you? :)-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Jim,,,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>When my work is done I will upload to AVSIM as a 3rd party enhancement to ImageSims KATL airport that makes the airport work more fluently. In this way I have not tampered with anything they have released but as a 3rd party addon I fix all my code. When my files are added they will take priority over what has already been done and load before anything else so ImageSim stays intact without me pirating any of their work.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Let me be one of the first to offer my sincere appreciation for your efforts. Outstanding work, and a terrific present to the FS9 community.Thanks!!orbmis

Good modeling comes in all different forms. Jim's expertise is not the type a typical simmer might not even notice but his behind-the-scenes magic is a developer's dream come true.'Tip of the wings' Jim for all your contributions through the years.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Would someone help me out?Place your plane on the center line of RWY27L as if you were to take off. Now slew the plane down the runway and as you get toward the end of 27L see if you loose all the runway/taxiway ground textures.I don't know if it is my dual Nvida 8800 vid cards or a flatten issue with ImageSim. All runways are causing the textures on my computer to disappear toward the end of the runway if slewing to the west.