Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

FS Navigator - Aircraft.ini question

Since FSNav isn't any more :(, i wanted to find out about the aircraft.ini. I go in and edit/delete, add aircraft and save the file. Later on I go back and find it is back the way it was. The aircraft I deleted are back in there! I only use about 8 aircraft but when the file restores, there's about 40 or so. I'm not sure why it's reverting back. Luckily the edits I make to my personalized aircraft remain intact, but I have to go back in and delete the others. Thanks for any info.

Check the Properties of the file - it may be set as read only and thus your edits are not being saved.

My edits are being saved on particular aircraft. The thing that bugs me is that aircraft that I delete reappear. I only want about 8 aircraft in there, but for some reason it keeps restoring a bunch of planes that I don't ever use and it clutters things up. I've made the file 'read only' to see if that will stop it from restoring those. If I need to edit one of my own, I'll have to go in and change that property.

Try this -Edit the ini file the way you want it and then save it under a totally different name - using the ini extension. example: myaircraft.iniOpen the new one with Notepad and confirm that the only entries are the ones you want.If they are OK, then rename the original ini to something like aircraft.ini.orig and then rename your new one as aircraft.iniSee if that then displays only the aircraft you want when you run FSNavigator.

Tried that but still does the same thing. And the thing that is weird is that it loads in planes that aren't even part of my library. I have no ATR's or Anatovs but still there's about 6 of each in there. It's ok. I'll just work around them.

I would then guess that a certain number of "default" setups were hardcoded into the program somehow.I guess we will never know - but the program itself is the best thing since sliced bread - in my humble opinion.

I won't doubt you on that. I will glady put up with this very minor inconveniece for the efficiency in which it enhances my flying experience.