Sign in to follow this  
mozart

HELP!! My FS only works at night!

This is something I really cannot explain - and it's driving me mad: my FS works fine as long as I "simulate" darkness - but when switching to daylight, FS crashes! It simply doesn't like sunlight.I've tried this with and without add-on weather, I have removed the latest scenery add-ons that I had added, I've tried it with and without AI traffic... it's the sunlight!!What could the cause be? How can I fix this?When I had the same problem about a year ago I had to do a full re-install. Which I want to avoid given the thousands of AI planes, flightplans, add-ons, including the not-so-easy-to-reinstall PSS planes,...ThanksChris

Hi Chris, which was the last scenery pack you installed? Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

If you are reasonably sure you know when all this started, have you tried a System Restore - going back a day or two prior ?This can sometimes get things back to "normal".

As David mentioned I would definetly give a system restore a shot. if you dont remember exactly when this started I would just restore a week's worth and give it a try. If it still doesnt work then i would give it 2 weeks worth of restore and then try it, If it hasnt worked by then I would say it's on to try something else.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hi,Obviously if you just recently installed something then that should be the villain so try uninstalling any new add-ons. However, I also wondered if this might be a seasonal problem: have a go at loading up in "daylight" in the middle of winter. Also, does your crash happen only at dawn or also when you try and load a midday situation?If you have a ground texture program like ground environment, try re-installing the textures, you might have a corrupt one...Finally, if you're flying one of these, try flying a different plane since they don't like sunlight too much :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_VampireGeoff

Hi ChrisHave look to FSUIPCand may be one of the day texture is missingDom