Sign in to follow this  
Guest victorysking

Please Help, FS9 CTD!!

Guest victorysking

Hello everyone,I'm new here so please excuse any newbie mistakes. I recently re-installed FS9 on my puter, and I noticed whenever I try to fly from TJSJ(peurto Rico)or St marteen the sim starts loading then half way loading it kicks me out or crashes to desktop. No third party scenery add-ons for this area, I get no error reports so I don't know how to or where to start diagnosis please help. :-( RegardsVicP4 3.0ghz HT3 gig ddr(400mhz)80 Gig HDWin Pro SP2FS9 sp 1 updateNvida BFG 7800 GS AGPFlight EnvActive Sky 6Ground Env

Any other type of Addon? AFCAD, Airport, etc? If neither is the case Uninstall and start over clean. Bill

1) When this happens, note the time. 2) Go into event viewer and go to "applications" and scroll down to the corresponding approximate time of the crash, you will (should) see the error flagged with a red "X". 99% of the time it will reference fs9.exe, terrain.dll, d3d.dll, etc. Let us know what the event viewer says is the cause of your crash and we can start from there.HTH,Mike T.

Guest victorysking

Thanks Bill for the swift response. I have add ons for North America,Europe,& Africa(fs global Africa mesh)and all these areas work flawlessly, I also have Airliner Pilot,Commuter Express,Level-D 767, PSS A340, CLS DC-10 & Ultimate Traffic, All working. No Afcads for the area in question(TJSJ). I've just installed all the above mentioned software. Any other suggestions,I would die if I had to re-install everything over again. RegardsVic

Guest victorysking

Thanks Mike!,Here is what I have from the event viewer

Ewww, it doesn't show the DLL. Try this for me.Restore your default clouds from FE, default textures from GE. Do not use Activesky and load a clear weather scenario and give it a try.We'll narrow it down and then add things back 1 by 1. Also you are not running WideFS btw are you?Mike T.

Guest victorysking

Hey Mike, I restored all defaults and used the clear sky weather settings, no active sky etc,No wideFS, then proceeded to load TJSJ and another CTD. Event viewer still records same (no info) as last post.RegardsVic

VERY Interesting. So that means the problem is with the base fs9.Okay, next step. Keep everything default and delte your fs9.cfg file and then start fs9 so it can build a new one.Give me your full system specs including driver version number for your video card. Also tell me what other programs are running in the background (antivirus, etc.)Mike T.

Guest victorysking

I let FS rebuild my CFG to no avail, still CTD. I'm using the Nvida 169.21 driver from Dec 2007. Linksystem wireless,& Vol control running in backgroundHP D503SP4 3.0ghz HT3 gig ddr@400mhz80 Gig HDWin XP Pro SP2FS9 sp 1 updateNvida BFG 7800 GS 256mb DDR 3 AGPLocked @ 32 fpsThanksVic

Do you mean you have FS Genesis mesh? I have it and I tried your scenarios and did not get a CTD. Try turning off all your addons and see if it still happens. If not, then turn them on one at a time. I have had some problems with some mesh so maybe that's it?

Wow! looks like Mike T. Has jumped in with both feet to lend a hand with your problem since I was here yesterday. It's nice to know this kind of help is available, isn't it? In reading, it looks as if you have no recourse but to disable all your addon's. If that don't do the trick, it looks like a reinstall is definitly in order.Bill :-erks :-roll P.S. I'm drawing a Blank on this Event Viewer. What is it?

Bill, with XP, open the control panel and go to and open Administrative tools. Event Viewer is in there. Double click Application log and a big red circle with and X in it will try and define an event that maybe caused a CTD.

Okay Vic, the only thing I can think of is:1 - Something got installed and uninstalled that messed up that scenery area. 2 - Update your Nvidia drivers to the most current! Unless there is a reason that you absolutely need 6 month old driverIf number 1 is true then you will have to reverify that there is absolutely no addons running and if its still crashing, you will have to install. :-(Mike T.

Daryll, that is the first thing we tried! See the top of the tread.

Guest victorysking

Thanks Mike,Bill & Daryl,The 169.21 Nvida driver is the latest release available,I've searched. I guess I'll fly till next week before mustering up the resolve to start over.Being really obsessive with FS9,I may just start like right now :D. Thanks again guys!!!RegardsVic