Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

Changing the flight number without reloading?

Hi folksis it possible to change the FS ATC flight number without having to reload the aircraft?Regards,

I'm afraid to say that the short answer is no! You can change the flight number without exiting FS9 (by editing the state.cfg file of the aircraft) but that change will only implement when you refresh the aircraft...Of course, I'd love to come back to this thread and have someone say that I'm wrong... I've been trying to work out a way of doing this for ages...Geoff

I agree - the only way I have been able to make the change is to use the Select aircraft menu, then select the same aircraft but also select the Change button on the ATC name area and type in a different tail number etc.There are several other options you can select on this dialogue before you hit OK to invoke them.This does not change what might be written on the actual aircraft tail but ATC will now use the new number in any communications.You are simply reselecting the aircraft with a few different options and you do not have to exit the flight or the simulator to make the changes.Hope this helps.