Sign in to follow this  
Guest erj145pilot

FS9 Texture / Effects Problem - Please Help :)

Guest erj145pilot

Recently I am having issues with my textures. Here are some of the issues.Water textures - water / wave crash along the shore are now rectangular white blocksSmoke - No touchdown smoke anymore, just "clear" squares that fly away and cut out the transparency of the aircraft. Contrails - Flat 1D type contrails, no longer look like smoke. But flat white panels of smoke.Dirt - If landing in the dirt, there is no "dirt spray" anymore, but the same clear transparent squares that fly away in place of where the smoke would be.I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me.I have a high end PC, so it's no graphics card issue. 3.6 intel core duo processor 2gb of ram. Thanks!!!Ryan Davisflynguy145@yahoo.com

Guest erj145pilot

No the lights are fine. The touchdown effects are in the folder along with the actual textures. I tried to download an addition TD Effects from avsim to see if that helped and it did nothing.I installed an aircraft recently and I think that can be the only thing associated with this problem. I have never had any issues before. Contrails - http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7427/contrailspv1.jpgTouchdown - (see how it shows through the aircraft where smoke would be)http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9451/td1sg4.jpgWaves - http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4541/wavevk1.jpgThanks!Ryan

Guest erj145pilot

Do you think that will prevent this issue from happening again? I only installed an aircraft and it seemed like it did it afterwards. Also - How would I go about doing what you said? I've never done that before and I'd be afraid of screwing everything up.I do appreciate your help, thanks a lot.Ryan

I only installed an aircraft and it seemed like it did>it afterwards. Which aircraft and where from?

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest erj145pilot

A freeware plane off avsim, but I doubt that caused it. My default 172 does the same thing...along with any default aircraft, project fokker, any aircraft. I didn't change any settings either in FS9.It's just rather annoying to not have any graphics issues previously, then I turn on FS9 one day and go to fly and I lost my smoke effects.

The "square" wave effect can be eliminated by using Special Effects set to low, Water Effects to low, Land and Water is OK at high. I know thiscan defeat the object of high settings also FS9 water settings also give wave effects on rivers and lakes which in 99% real life don't happen. Ilive by the sea and have checked todays incoming tide, definitely nosquare waves.

Why not start with restoring the original files from the installation disks. You may have the files on your machine, but that's no guarantee they are not corrupt.Disk 1 > MSGAME1.cab. Restore all the effects files and all the bmp files in the texture subfolder.

Mike...