Sign in to follow this  
Guest djprem

Dubai ILS

Guest djprem

So I flew to OMDB (Dubai) in FS9 but there was no ILS, is there something I missed or can I add the ILS how can i do so?Tried with the PSS and PMDG no luck?D.

All four runway ends have an ILS in the stock Afcad, so it should work. What Afcad are you using? Where do both aircraft get ILS info from? Maybe there's a discrepancy between FS9 and your Navdata cycle. Does the same happen with a default aircraft? What do you see in map view?

Mike...

Guest djprem

I've not modified the OMDB AFCAD.I'm running the latest AIRAC 0805.I've never been able to get and ILS on the default planes.On the map I set the runway with the dashes lines from the runway (----)

I've not modified the OMDB AFCAD.I assume you also have no addon scenery - completely stock FS2004 setup. Because most sceneries have addon AFCAD files.While you are running a late AIRAC - does it match the October 2002 NAVAID data upon which FS2004 was built?At OMDB the default localizers are:Rwy 30R - 109.50 IDBRRwy 30L - 111.30 IDBWRwy 12L - 110.10 IDBLRwy 12R - 110.90 IDBE

Guest djprem

I check the OMDB.txt under PMDG SIDSTARS folder there is no ILS frequency only the runways.How can I fix this?

Guest melf12

Hi D.,If you have Lee Sword's Afcad 221 (Available in the vsim File Library), or better still the Payware AFX, you can install an ILS at any Airprt. I recently added a complete runway at Bahrain, including taxiways.Go to it, it's great fun.Ken

The ILS is there on the airport, what he does not have is the PMDG files necessary to make the FMS see the ILS.Adding an ILS with AFCAD or AFX does nothing more than allow a VFR flight to land via ILS. There is a lot of code which neither AFCAD nor AFX can create or modify necessary for an ILS Approach to be added to an airport.--------------------------------------I check the OMDB.txt under PMDG SIDSTARS folder there is no ILS frequency only the runways.How can I fix this?I don't fly that airplane - so I'm not completely familiar with the necessary processes. I see nothing in the Avsim library for the PMDG. I see several files for the Level-D B767.